Pest Control Services – Domestic and Corporate Premises
The provision of Pest Control services is required to supplement the work of the existing ‘in-house’ Pest Control Officers during times of peak demands.
United Kingdom-Motherwell: Pest-control services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
North Lanarkshire Council
Civic Centre, Windmillhill Street
For the attention of: Executive Director Corporate Services
ML1 1AB Motherwell
Telephone: +44 1698302222
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.northlanarkshire.gov.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00010
Electronic access to information: www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 27: Other services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: North Lanarkshire.
NUTS code UKM36
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
The Council has a requirement to procure a Pest Control service provider. The provision of Pest Control services is required to supplement the work of the existing ‘in-house’ Pest Control Officers during times of peak demands in order for the Council to meet its key performance indicators. In addition, the successful tenderer shall provide back-up to cover for annual leave and sickness during spring, autumn and winter periods. The successful tenderer will be expected to deliver upon a number of jobs including, but not limited to: treatment of rats, mice, wasps, bees, bed bugs, ants, cockroaches, insects, squirrels and fleas in both domestic and corporate premises within North Lanarkshire, as well as providing services for bird removal and clean up at height within corporate premises. The successful tenderer will be required to meet performance targets for the work and provide services as required for hard to access work e.g. working at height and other Pest Control works required by the Council for corporate buildings which will involve bird removal and prevention.
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site athttp://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=404488
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
The objective is to award the contract to a single contractor for the period 1.10.2015 to 30.9.2017 with an option, at the sole discretion of the council, to extend the contract by up to a additional 2 years until 30.9.2019. Contract award will be made on the basis of award being made on the basis of the outcome of the tender evaluation process described in section 10 of the Invitation To Tender document.
Tenderers shall note that in submitting a tender: they will be making a standing offer to provide the services under a contract on particular terms and conditions; the Council offers no guarantee that any level of business or continuity of business will be transacted under the contract and the Council shall not be bound to place any orders or to provide continuity of orders under the contract.
No undertaking or any form of statement, promise, representation or obligation is made by the Council in respect of the total quantities or values of the services to be transacted by them pursuant to the contract.
During the contract period, the Council may place orders for the services with the contractor at such times and for such quantities and values as the Council may require however tenderers shall note that should the Council have any requirement for the services during the contract period these will be transacted solely with the contractor under the contract.
Estimated value excluding VAT: 300 000 GBP
II.2.2)Information about options
II.2.3)Information about renewals
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.1)Deposits and guarantees required:
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
Description of particular conditions: Details are provided in the Invitation to Tender document.
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
As stated in the Invitation to Tender Document.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
(2) All candidates will be required to provide evidence of relevant professional risk indemnity insurance.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
As stated in the Invitation to Tender document.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required: As stated in the Invitation to Tender document.
(1) A statement of the candidate’s average annual number of staff and managerial staff over the previous 3 years
(2) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
(3) All candidates will be required to provide certification from an independent body attesting conformity to environmental management standards in accordance with the Community Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS); or the European standard BS EN ISO 14001.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide certification drawn up by an independent body attesting the compliance of the economic operator with quality assurance standards based on the relevant European standards.
(5) Certificates drawn up by official quality control institutes or agencies of recognised competence attesting the conformity of products clearly identified by references to specifications or standards.
(6) Samples, descriptions and/or photographs, the authenticity of which must be certified if the contracting authority so requests.
(7) A statement of the principal goods sold or services provided by the supplier or the services provider in the past 3 years, detailing the dates on which the goods were sold or the services provided; the consideration received; the identity of the person to whom the goods were sold or the services were provided
(8) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures;
(9) A statement of the candidate’s technical facilities; measures for ensuring quality; and their study and research facilities;
(10) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(11) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract; or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control, whether or not they are independent of the candidate.
(12) A statement of the tools, plant or technical equipment available to the service provider or contractor for carrying out the contract.
(13) A list of works carried out over the past 5 years, detailing the value of the consideration received; when and where the work or works were carried out; and whether they were carried out according to the rules of the trade or profession and properly completed.
As stated in the Invitation to Tender document.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required:
As stated in the Invitation to Tender document.
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents or descriptive document
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
IV.3.7)Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
IV.3.8)Conditions for opening of tenders
Date: 13.8.2015 – 12:00
North Lanarkshire Council, Civic Centre, Motherwell, ML1 1AB.
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.4.2)Lodging of appeals
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: