Post-Production Services for BBC Creative
The BBC intends to purchase a managed Post-production service to replace an existing contract due to expire on 31.3.2017.
United Kingdom-London: Radio, television, communication, telecommunication and related equipment
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
The British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC)
Broadcasting House, Portland Place
Contact point(s): NUTS Code = UK
For the attention of: Palfreeman Jonny
W1A 1AA London
Telephone: +44 7921648577
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.bbc.co.uk/supplying/
Electronic access to information: http://bbc.bravosolution.co.uk
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: http://bbc.bravosolution.co.uk
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: British Broadcasting Corporation
Internet address: https://bbc.bravosolution.co.uk
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 27: Other services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: BBC sites across the United Kingdom — please refer to ITT document.
NUTS code UK
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
The BBC intends to purchase a managed Post-production service to replace an existing contract due to expire on 31.3.2017. The new contract will be wholly managed by the BBC, have a term of 3 years commencing on 1.4.2017 and ending on 31.3.2020, and may be extended at the BBC’s discretion by up to 2 years.
In January 2016, the BBC created a new department, BBC Creative. This new in-house Creative Agency produces promotional campaigns and branding for BBC programmes and services. A recent example of the output can be seen here: http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/bbc-one-mothers-day-bbc-creative/1385307 At that time, the BBC put in place the current contract for Post-production services with the incumbent.
At the expiry of the agreement with the incumbent, the BBC will procure a new managed Post-production service. The services will substantively include:
1. Delivery, installation, commissioning and day-to-day operation (wet hire) of 5 craft edit suites within BBC premises;
2. Delivery, installation, commissioning and day-to-day operation (‘wet hire’) of an Audio Dubbing suite (with captioning facility), plus an additional v/o booth;
3. Service management including monitoring and reporting to the BBC;
4. A full Media Management service (including ingest, storage, QC and delivery);
5. Desktop editing via proxy/browser at 48 workstations;
6. The provision of DR capability at a level to be discussed. Note that this DR provision may be in other BBC premises;
7. 12 Designer workstations, integrated with the above facilities.
Transition to the new services will need to be managed to avoid any downtime, and to ensure that BBC Creative can continue to meet all transmission deadlines.
The following benefits are expected from this public procurement:
— Flexible on-site post production facilities dedicated to BBC Creative;
— An optimal balance between efficient operation and creative flexibility;
— The ability to deliver a wider range of assets, more creatively, for less time and money;
— Expertise in craft edit and audio capability (with short form specialism) to enhance the work of BBC Creative.
Procurement documentation can be accessed at: https://bbc.bravosolution.co.uk
Please reply to the ‘Confidentiality Agreement Gateway’ in the first instance by accepting the statement and replying to that initial ITT as soon as possible.
Suppliers who accept this statement will then be invited to the actual ITT for response by 12:00 on Monday, 4.7.2016.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
Range: between 3 900 000 and 7 750 000 GBP
II.2.2)Information about options
Description of these options: The BBC may at its sole discretion extend the contract on up to 2 occasions by up to 12 months on each occasion.
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.1)Deposits and guarantees required:
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
1. You should 1st go to the BravoSolution eTendering portal at the following link: https://bbc.bravosolution.co.uk2. Once in the BravoSolution portal you have 2 possible options:
a) Without having to Register you can select ‘View tender opportunities’ and click on ‘Current Opportunities’ to view a summary of this project. If you would then like to formally express an interest and view the documentation you should follow the instructions in b) below.
b) Register your company (if not already registered) by clicking on the ‘Register’ button (this is only required once). Next, you should accept the terms and conditions and click continue — Enter your correct business and user details — Note the username you chose and click Save when complete — You will shortly receive an email with your unique password (please keep this secure). You can now formally express an interest in this tender.
3. Express an Interest in the Tender — Login to the portal with the username/password — Click the ‘PQQs / ITTs Open To All Suppliers’ link. (These are Pre-Qualification Questionnaires or Invitations to Tender open to any registered supplier) — Click on the relevant PQQ/ ITT to access the content — Click the ‘Express Interest’ button at the top of the page — This will move the PQQ /ITT into your ‘My PQQs/ My ITTs’ page. (This is a secure area reserved for your projects only) — You can now access any attachments by clicking ‘Buyer Attachments’ in the ‘PQQ/ ITT Details’ box.
4. Responding to the Tender — Click ‘My Response’ under ‘PQQ/ ITT Details’, you can choose to ‘Create Response’ or to ‘Decline to Respond’ (please give a reason if declining) — You can now use the ‘Messages’ function to communicate with the buyer and seek any clarification — Note the deadline for completion, then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the PQQ/ ITT — There may be a mixture of online and offline actions for you to perform (there is detailed online help available). You must then submit your reply using the ‘Submit Response’ button at the top of the page. If you require any further assistance please consult the online help, or contact the eTendering help desk. Submit your reply using the ‘Submit Response’ button in the Actions box on the left-hand side of the page. If you require any further assistance please consult the online help, or contact the eTendering help desk (contact details can be found athttps://bbc.bravosolution.co.uk).
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required: Please refer to the ITT document.
The BBC will evaluate technical ability/financial standing of the bidders in accordance with Articles 57-65 of Directive 2014/24/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council and Regulations 57-65 of the Public Contracts Regulations 2015 and detailed explanations of the evaluation methodology and minimum criteria to be satisfied are set out in the ITT.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required:
Please refer to the ITT document.
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
The most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated below
1. Service management. Weighting 20
2. Media management, storage and delivery. Weighting 20
3. Editing, audio and design (hardware and software). Weighting 20
4. Project management. Weighting 15
5. Talent/talent management. Weighting 10
6. Business capability/value add. Weighting 15
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
Additional information about electronic auction: The BBC may carry out a Reverse Electronic Auction if appropriate.
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
VI.2)Information about European Union funds
In the case of technology requirements, the BBC may involve its technology partner (Atos IT Solutions and Services Limited) to assist in the scoping and drafting of invitations to tender and/or the evaluation of tenders. However, the final decision as to which is the most economically advantageous (by reference to the award criteria) will be made by the BBC. The awarding authority reserves the right not to award a contract and to annul the procurement process at any stage. Tenders and all supporting documents must be priced in sterling and all payments will be made in sterling. The contract shall be subject to English law. The awarding authority does not bind itself to accept the lowest, or any tender and reserves the right to accept part of a tender unless the tenderer expressly stipulates otherwise in the tender document. To prevent BBC eTendering portal email alerts from being quarantined by your organisation’s fire wall or spam filter, you are advised to instruct your IT team to accept all emails with a .BravoSolution.co.uk extension (our portal provider) or from email@example.com If Section II.1.9) shows ‘Yes’, variants will be accepted provided they meet the core requirements of the project.
Electronic ordering will be used, and electronic invoicing will be accepted, and electronic payment will be used.
VI.4.3)Service from which information about the lodging of appeals may be obtained
British Broadcasting Corporation
Internet address: https://bbc.bravosolution.co.uk
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: