Primary Schools Design and Build Contract
Midlothian Council plans to construct 1 new Primary School in Roslin and another Primary School which forms part of a larger community hub project at Paradykes under a Design/Build Contract arrangement.
United Kingdom-Dalkeith: Works for complete or part construction and civil engineering work
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Midlothian House, Buccleuch Street
Contact point(s): Procurement
For the attention of: Tim Higgins
EH22 1DN Dalkeith
Telephone: +44 1312707500
Fax: +44 1316542797
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.midlothian.gov.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00336
Electronic access to information: www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: Midlothian Council
Dundas Buildings, 62a Polton Street
Contact point(s): Resources
For the attention of: Head of Property and Facilities
EH19 3YD Bonnyrigg
Telephone: +44 1312707500
Fax: +44 1316542797
Internet address: http://www.midlothian.gov.uk
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Design and execution
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Roslin and Paradykes, Midlothian, Scotland.
NUTS code UKM23
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
The Paradykes Community hub project includes, along with the new Paradykes Primary School, the refurbishment and extension to the existing Loanhead leisure centre, the demolition and replacement of the public library, the building of a new medical centre and the building of a new after school care facility. All of these facilities will be linked together under a new hub facility with all external works and road traffic management facilities upgraded to suit the new facility.
Particular aims of the project include:
— Development of effective and efficient approaches to procurement;
— Cost efficiency;
— Incorporation of sustainable lifecycle solutions;
— Improved environmental performance;
— Implementation of the guiding principles included in the Government’s Schools Estate Strategy — ‘Building Better Schools — Investing in Scotland’s Future’.
The current construction cost estimates for each school, regarded as the construction budgets at this time, are:
Roslin — 7 000 000 GBP.
Paradykes — 16 000 000 GBP.
The project is being funded by Midlothian Council with support from the Scottish Government in the form of a capital grant. The requirement is to provide an affordable scheme with the total gross development cost in the range 20 000 000 GBP to 23 000 000 GBP.
The authority will use Public Contracts Scotland to carry out this procurement process. Registration will be required by interested contractors if you are not already registered.
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site athttp://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=412762
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
45200000, 45210000, 45211350, 45215000, 45215100, 45214200, 45214210
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
II.2.2)Information about options
II.2.3)Information about renewals
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.1)Deposits and guarantees required:
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
Potential tenderers will be required to complete a Pre-Qualification Questionnaire to evaluate and verify economic and financial standing and professional and technical capacity to undertake the works. Full details to be set out in the Pre-Qualification Questionnaire. Certain minimum standards will apply — these will be set out in the Pre-Qualification Questionnaire.
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: Overall score of the questions provided within the PQQ as per the weighting indicated.
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
Section VI: Complementary information
(SC Ref: 412762).
Under the terms of this contract the successful supplier(s) will be required to deliver Community Benefits in support of the authority’s economic and social objectives. Accordingly, contract performance conditions may relate in particular to social and environmental considerations. The Community Benefits included in this contract are:
Brief Description Required.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: