The Prime Minister also took questions on the UK Deficit and youth unemployment.
The Prime Minister answered questions on:
- UK deficit
- Beecroft Report – Employment legislation
- Metal theft
- Youth employment
- NHS waiting lists
- Export Finance Guarantee Scheme
- Parenting – early years intervention
- Prisoner voting rights
- Manufacturing investment
- Birmingham City Council
- Child neglect law
- Legal loan sharking
- UK economy
- Science funding
- Police numbers
- UK Border Agency performance and bonuses
- Political party funding
- Infrastructure and housing investment
- Judicial pensions
- Abuse in detention centres
Prime Minister’s Questions is an opportunity for MPs from all parties to question the Prime Minister on any subject, although they usually focus on the key issues of the day.
The half-hour session, which takes place on Wednesdays while Parliament is in session, starts with a routine question from an MP about the Prime Minister’s engagements.