Procurement of Mapping Software
Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council has invested in GIS technology over a number of years, recognising the opportunities it can provide for creating more effective and efficient processes.
- Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council
- Mapping Application Procurement
- Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council has invested in GIS technology over a number of years, recognising the opportunities it can provide for creating more effective and efficient processes.
The Council uses GIS across all service delivery areas, including but not limited to:
· Planning and building control
· Planning policy
· Local Land Charges
· Highways and engineering
· Environmental health
· Community safety
· Economic regeneration
· Emergency planning
· Neighbourhood services
· Winter maintenance
· Waste management
· Strategic and operational housing
· Adult and children’s social services
· Asset management and property services
· Public health
· Electoral services
· Research and business intelligence
Support is provided by a small team within the Information Services (IT) department to a user base of approximately 300 users of the desktop and web based GIS applications, assisting staff within departments to create new workflows and undertake projects which deliver savings and benefits to the organisation.
Similarly, development of GIS capability for the Council website has supported channel shift, with the current mapping application receiving many thousands of visits each month.
A product (or products) and/or services are required therefore to fulfil two functions:
1. To provide internal staff with access to GIS functionality through a browser and;
2. To provide appropriate GIS capability to the public on the Council website.
Suppliers must register against this advert in order to then have access to the tender documentation via the My Opportunities area.
- Mrs Emma Lowe
- Email Address:
- Gateway Plaza
Off Sackville Street
- 07/09/2015 15:11
- 25/09/2015 17:00
- 36 (months)
- 12 (months)