Project and Cost Management Services Aberystwyth
With ERDF funding secured, Aberystwyth University in collaboration with BBSRC will be embarking upon a major infrastructure development project early in 2015 which will see a significant expansion of its Gogerddan site.
United Kingdom-Aberystwyth: Construction project management services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Lord Milford Building, Plas Gogerddan
Contact point(s): AIEC Project
For the attention of: Alun Woodruff
SY23 2BH Aberystwyth
Telephone: +44 1970621785
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.sell2wales.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA1009
Electronic access to information: http://www.etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk/
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: http://www.etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk/
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 12: Architectural services; engineering services and integrated engineering services; urban planning and landscape engineering services; related scientific and technical consulting services; technical testing and analysis services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Aberystwyth University — Gogerddan Campus.
NUTS code UKL1
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
The Aberystwyth Innovation and Enterprise Campus (AIEC) will enable the establishment of a thriving commercially focussed Innovation Campus that will increase the capacity to deliver impact driven collaborative research projects within a state-of the art flagship environment.
The AIEC Project now requires the services of an experienced Project/Cost Management (PCM) provider to join the Client Team to take forward the design, procurement and construction phases of this major project. The successful team will be expected to take control of the procurement and construction programme and provide the Client Team with the support and expertise to deliver a successful project within time and budget. The PCM will also manage the project’s budget and will play a pivotal role in the interface between client,design team and contractor as the project develops. The construction value is currently estimated at 15 000 000-20 000 000 GBP.
The PCM will remain with the Client Team throughout the Project and work closely with the Client Project Manager on a day-to-day basis. The PCM will join the project at its feasibility stage with conceptual/masterplanning information being provided to candidates at ITT stage. An indicative procurement/construction programme has also recently been produced and will be issued at ITT stage.
The competition to appoint a Multi-Disciplinary Design Team (MDDT) to include the full range of architectural, engineering and environmental services, will be undertaken broadly in parallel with this competition but will be a separate appointment.
These projects/procurements will require that the PCM and the MDDT Teams shall be familiar with, have experience of, and be compliant with the following five processes/disciplines/principles:
a) The OGC Gateway Review Process (or equivalent)http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20100503135839/http:/www.ogc.gov.uk/what_is_ogc_gateway_review.asp
b) BREEAM Excellent low carbon (or equivalent) http://www.breeam.org/
c) Welsh Government Community Benefits (or equivalent) Guidance http://wales.gov.uk/topics/improvingservices/bettervfm/publications/community-benefits-2014/?lang=en
d) OGC ‘Achieving Excellence in Construction’ (or equivalent)http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20110601212617/http:/www.ogc.gov.uk/ppm_documents_construction.asp
e) BIM Modelling (or equivelent)http://www.bimtaskgroup.org/
Interested bidders should be mindful that questions associated with compliance/delivery against the above processes/disciplines (or equivalents) will be included in the invitation to tender documents for all shortlisted bidders.
Currently, because of funding and programme stipulations, we anticipate the project will take the form of a single stage design and build contract and there may be an opportunity to undertake a degree of pre-contract preparatory/enabling work to relieve pressure on what will be a demanding construction programme.
The provisional timetable for this procurement (which is indicative and maybe subject to change) is PQQ process commences 16.1.2015.
Last date for clarification requests by bidders 11.2.2015 (midnight GMT).
Last date for AIEC Ltd to respond to clarification request 12.2.2015 (midnight GMT).
Deadline for receipt of PQQ — 17.2.2015 (10:00 GMT).
Evaluation of PQQ begins 17.2.2015.
Evaluation of PQQ complete 3.3.2015.
ITT issued to short-listed bidders 4.3.2015.
Last date for clarification requests by bidders 8.4.2015 (midnight GMT).
Last date for AIEC Ltd to respond to clarification request 9.4.2015 (midnight GMT).
Closing Date for ITT 14.4.2015 (10:00 hrs GMT).
Evaluation of ITT begins 8.4.2015.
Evaluation of ITT ends 29.4. 2015.
Presentations by bidders 6.5.2015.
Standstill period starts 11.5.2015 (midnight GMT).
Standstill period ends 21.5.2015 (midnight GMT).
Contract commences 22.5.2015.
Note: The authority is using eTenderwales to carry out this procurement process. To obtain further information record your interest on Sell2Wales athttp://www.sell2wales.gov.uk/search/search_switch.aspx?ID=20458
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
71541000, 71242000, 71244000
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
Range: between 200 000 and 300 000 GBP
II.2.2)Information about options
II.2.3)Information about renewals
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
Description of particular conditions: See tender documents.
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
(2) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required: (1) the buyer will only select a bidding organisation to tender if it has, or will have, a minimum of 5 000 000 GBP (or alternative currency equivalent) of professional indemnity insurance cover from an authorised provider with appropriate financial strength.
(2) the buyer will only select a bidding organisation to tender if it provides a statement covering the previous 3 financial years including the turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of activities similar to the subject of this notice and the statement must provide evidence of a minimum 1 000 000 GBP overall turnover per annum for all three years (or alternative currency equivalent).
(1) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
(2) A statement of the principal goods sold or services provided by the supplier or the services provider in the past 3 years, detailing the dates on which the goods were sold or the services provided; the consideration received; the identity of the person to whom the goods were sold or the services were provided;
(3) In terms of your technical ability, describe in detail what skills, efficiencies, experience, and levels of reliability you feel your organisation can offer and how this will benefit the project;
Also, in terms of a statement of principal services (2) above see online PQQ as interested suppliers have an alternative means of evidencing this in terms of newly/recently acquired capacity/capability.
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: Scored elements of Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ);
(1) List of principal deliveries (40 % importance weighting),
(2) Key personnel and qualifications (40 % importance weighting),
(3) General statement of capability (20 % importance weighting).
See section III.2.3) (technical capacity) of this notice for further details and also the online PQQ which will also explain scoring matrix for downselection/short-listing criteria.
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.2)Information about European Union funds
Reference to project(s) and/or programme(s): See tender documents.
(WA Ref: 20458).
VI.4.1)Body responsible for appeal procedures
VI.4.2)Lodging of appeals
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: