Provide Consultancy Services for Waste Collection
Provision of Consultancy Services Leading to the Award of a Contract for Waste Collection Services.
United Kingdom-Bridgend: Refuse and waste related services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Bridgend County Borough Council
Procurement Unit, Civic Offices, Angel Street
For the attention of: Phil Davies
CF31 4WB Bridgend
Telephone: +44 1656664529
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.sell2wales.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA0417
Electronic access to information: www.etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: www.etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 27: Other services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Bridgend County Borough Council.
NUTS code UK
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
BCBC’s current Waste Collection Services Contract is due to expire on 31.3.2017 meaning that the new Waste Collection Services Contract, with a new Provider, shall start on 1.4.2017.
For the purposes of clarity the appointed Consultant shall be expected to undertake the responsibility, management and delivery of all aspects of the process including the further development and agreement of a Stage and Gate Process with the Authority’s Project Board appointed with the responsibility for awarding the Waste Collection Services Contract.
Note: The authority is using eTenderwales to carry out this procurement process. To obtain further information record your interest on Sell2Wales athttp://www.sell2wales.gov.uk/search/search_switch.aspx?ID=34972
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
90500000, 90511000, 90510000, 90511100, 90530000, 90514000, 90524100, 72220000, 72224000, 71313000, 90713000
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
Range: between 150 000 and 300 000 GBP
II.2.2)Information about options
II.2.3)Information about renewals
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
(2) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
(1) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
III.3.1)Information about a particular profession
Reference to the relevant law, regulation or administrative provision: Specialist Consultant in Waste Management.
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
The most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated below
1. Price. Weighting 60
2. Quality. Weighting 40
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
IV.3.7)Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
IV.3.8)Conditions for opening of tenders
Date: 5.11.2015 – 12:00
Bridgend County Borough Council, Civic Offices, L4 — Democratic Services, Bridgend,CF31 4WB.
Section VI: Complementary information
There are 3 Household Civic Amenity and Recycling Sites within the Borough accepting a full range of household waste materials for recycling and composting namely:
1. Davies (Bros) Waste, Tythegston, CF32 0NE.
2. Heol Ty Gwyn Industrial Estate, Maesteg, CF34 0BQ.
3. Brynmenyn Industrial Estate, Brynmenyn, CF32 9SZ.
There are also a number of recycling sites around the Borough collecting such things as bottles, paper, card, textiles, books etc.
The Authority has a Household Waste Collection and Recycling Service in place that is likely to expire on 31.3.2017.
(WA Ref: 34972).
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: