Provide Integrated Drug and Alcohol Service in Dumfries and Galloway
Will deliver a recovery focussed Tier 2/3 service, including: Open access, self-referral service; Harm reduction services across Dumfries and Galloway region and an Injecting Equipment Provision (Stranraer only); Comprehensive assessment.
United Kingdom-Dumfries: Social services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Dumfries and Galloway Council
Procurement Team, Council Headquarters
For the attention of: Angela Bell
DG1 2DD Dumfries
Telephone: +44 3033333000
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.dumgal.gov.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00219
Electronic access to information: www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 25: Health and social services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Dumfries and Galloway Region.
NUTS code UK
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
The provider will need to have demonstrable experience of delivering a relevant service. Working closely with the already established NHS Specialist Drug and Alcohol Service and other key ADP partner agencies, the provider will deliver a recovery focussed Tier 2/3 service, including:
— Open access, self-referral service;
— Harm reduction services across Dumfries and Galloway region and an Injecting Equipment Provision (Stranraer only);
— Comprehensive assessment;
— Key working/case management;
— Rapid referral pathways into specialist health services;
— Referral into other relevant support services;
— Relapse prevention and support for abstinence;
— Carer and family involvement;
— Service user involvement.
The provider must be registered with the Care Inspectorate as a Support Service. Please note the Council will check inspection reports and quality grades prior to formally awarding the contract.
The contract will be for 3 years from 1.4.2016 to 31.3.2019 (or other mutually agreed dates) with the option to extend for a further period of 2, 12 monthly extensions subject to satisfactory annual performance reviews.
The estimated value of the contract over 4 years is approximately 2 280 000 GBP. This is an indicative value only and no guarantee is given with regard to the Council’s overall uptake of any resulting contract.
Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006 (TUPE) may apply to this contract since there is an existing provider with staff.
Note: to register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site athttp://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=418706
The buyer has indicated that it will accept electronic responses to this notice via the Postbox facility. A user guide is available athttp://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/sitehelp/help_guides.aspx
Suppliers are advised to allow adequate time for uploading documents and to dispatch the electronic response well in advance of the closing time to avoid any last minute problems.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
85320000, 85000000, 33693300
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
II.2.2)Information about options
Description of these options: The contract will be for 3 years from 1.4.2016 to 31.3.2019 (or other mutually agreed dates) with the option to extend for a further period of 2, 12 monthly extensions subject to satisfactory annual performance reviews.
II.2.3)Information about renewals
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
Description of particular conditions: The provider must be registered with the Care Inspectorate as a Support Service. Please note the Council will check inspection reports and quality grades prior to formally awarding the contract.
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established.
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
(2) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
(1) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide certification drawn up by an independent body attesting the compliance of the economic operator with quality assurance standards based on the relevant European standards.
(3) A statement of the principal goods sold or services provided by the supplier or the services provider in the past 3 years, detailing the dates on which the goods were sold or the services provided; the consideration received; the identity of the person to whom the goods were sold or the services were provided.
(4) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures.
(5) A statement of the candidate’s technical facilities; measures for ensuring quality; and their study and research facilities.
(6) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(7) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract; or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control, whether or not they are independent of the candidate.
(8) A statement of the tools, plant or technical equipment available to the service provider or contractor for carrying out the contract.
(9) A list of works carried out over the past 5 years, detailing the value of the consideration received; when and where the work or works were carried out; and whether they were carried out according to the rules of the trade or profession and properly completed.
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: Following evaluation, 5 organisations will be taken forward to the ITT stage. Where there is a tie for 5th place, then all tenderers in 5th place will be invited to submit a tender response. For the avoidance of doubt, a tie in 5th place will be deemed to have occurred, where 2 or more tenderers have identical scores.
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents or descriptive document
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
Estimated timing for further notices to be published: 36 months.
(SC Ref: 418706).
VI.4.2)Lodging of appeals
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: