Quantity Surveying Services Tender Renfrewshire
River Clyde Homes (‘RCH’) is a Registered Social Landlord responsible for the management of circa 6 000 homes and are currently embarking on a multi-million pound project to revitalise the Broomhill Area of Greenock.
United Kingdom-Greenock: Quantity surveying services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
River Clyde Homes
Contact point(s): Procurement
PA15 4JT Greenock
Telephone: +44 1475788884
General address of the contracting authority: http://riverclydehomes.org.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA12102
Electronic access to information: www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 12: Architectural services; engineering services and integrated engineering services; urban planning and landscape engineering services; related scientific and technical consulting services; technical testing and analysis services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Inverclyde.
NUTS code UKM35
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
Broomhill is a high density area of 667 properties (60 to be demolished) that sits close to Greenock town centre. At its heart are three multi-storey blocks, the look of which will have their appearance altered to stunning effect using a high specification, ultra-modern rain screen system to create a dramatic new facade.
The area requires a radical and substantial investment in new services to support customers and capital investment to produce homes that are fit for the 21st century. A three year plan will see all the properties in the area refurbished both externally and internally and around 22 new homes will be built, alongside a new purpose built office for River Clyde Homes’ staff.
In line with RCH’s Green Strategy, an energy efficient district heating system will be installed that uses eco fuel and result in greatly reduced heating costs to combat fuel poverty and reduce carbon emissions. Significant environmental improvements will radically alter and redefine the landscape to create greener areas and improve security, something local residents are concerned about.
This is a radical and exciting project and RCH are looking to employ a suitably experienced and competent Quantity Surveying firm to assist in minimising the costs of the project and enhancing value for money; whilst still achieving the required standards and quality that our tenants deserve.
Further detail regarding the scope of works will be provided at the tendering stage.
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site athttp://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=328737
The buyer has indicated that it will accept electronic responses to this notice via the Postbox facility. A user guide is available athttp://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/sitehelp/help_guides.aspx
Suppliers are advised to allow adequate time for uploading documents and to dispatch the electronic response well in advance of the closing time to avoid any last minute problems.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 300 000 and 350 000 GBP
II.2.2)Information about options
II.2.3)Information about renewals
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
Description of particular conditions: KPI’s will require to be adhered to. Further information will be provided within the tender document.
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established.
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
(2) All candidates will be required to provide evidence of relevant professional risk indemnity insurance.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(1) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
(2) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures;
(3) A statement of the candidate’s technical facilities; measures for ensuring quality; and their study and research facilities;
(4) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(5) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract; or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control, whether or not they are independent of the candidate.
(6) A statement of the tools, plant or technical equipment available to the service provider or contractor for carrying out the contract.
(7) A list of works carried out over the past 5 years, detailing the value of the consideration received; when and where the work or works were carried out; and whether they were carried out according to the rules of the trade or profession and properly completed.
III.3.1)Information about a particular profession
Reference to the relevant law, regulation or administrative provision: Works require to be undertaken by RICS (or equivalent) accredited Quantity Surveyors.
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: As detailed in attached PQQ.
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.4.1)Body responsible for appeal procedures
River Clyde Homes
Room 28, Ladyburn Business Centre, Pottery Street
PA15 2UH Greenock
Telephone: +44 1475788884
VI.4.2)Lodging of appeals
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: