Quantity Surveying Services Term Consultancy 2016 – 2019
Aberdeen City Council wishes to procure external consultancy services in relation to Quantity Surveying Services.
United Kingdom-Aberdeen: Quantity surveying services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Aberdeen City Council
Town House, Broad Street
Contact point(s): Corporate Governance
For the attention of: Head of Legal and Democratic Services
AB10 1AQ Aberdeen
Telephone: +44 1224665652
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00231
Electronic access to information: www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 12: Architectural services; engineering services and integrated engineering services; urban planning and landscape engineering services; related scientific and technical consulting services; technical testing and analysis services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Within the boundaries of Aberdeen City Council local government area, Aberdeen,Scotland, Great Britain.
NUTS code UKM50
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.4)Information on framework agreement
Framework agreement with a single operator
Duration of the framework agreement
Duration in months: 36
Estimated total value of purchases for the entire duration of the framework agreement
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 350 000 and 450 000 GBP
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
Aberdeen City Council (‘the Council’) wishes to procure external consultancy services in relation to Quantity Surveying Services to provide full pre and post contract Quantity Surveying Services for Housing and Non Housing properties in relation to new build and refurbishment projects. The appointee will be retained initially for 3 years with an option for the Council to extend the contract for a further period of up to 1 year. It is the object of this commission that the successful consultant will supplement the Council’s in-house Quantity Surveying resources at periods of peak in workload. It is also advised that any work will be dependent on Budget levels and the ability of the in-house resource to cope with the workload.
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site athttp://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=439038
The buyer has indicated that it will accept electronic responses to this notice via the Postbox facility. A user guide is available athttp://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/sitehelp/help_guides.aspx
Suppliers are advised to allow adequate time for uploading documents and to dispatch the electronic response well in advance of the closing time to avoid any last minute problems.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 350 000 and 450 000 GBP
II.2.2)Information about options
Description of these options: The Council will have the option to extend for a further year after the initial period of 3 years.
Provisional timetable for recourse to these options:
in months: 36 (from the award of the contract)
II.2.3)Information about renewals
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
(2) All candidates will be required to provide evidence of relevant professional risk indemnity insurance.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required: The Council reserves the right to carry out financial checks in respect of all candidates. Candidates which do not satisfy the financial checks may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement.
(1) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract.
III.3.1)Information about a particular profession
Reference to the relevant law, regulation or administrative provision: Yes, restricted to Chartered Quantity Surveyors registered with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: The Council requires candidates to complete a Pre Qualification Questionnaire — details of the objective criteria are provided within the Pre Qualification Questionnaire.
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
Section VI: Complementary information
Interested parties must register at www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk in order to download the Pre Qualification Questionnaire.
(SC Ref: 439038).
VI.4.2)Lodging of appeals
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: