Quotation for the Provision of a Consultancy Fee Setting Review of Older People’s Residential and Nursing Care Services
The Council is required to set standard cost of care for charges for residential and nursing care.
- Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council
- Quotation for the Provision of a Consultancy Fee Setting Review of Older People’s Residential and Nursing Care Services within the Borough of Stockport
- The Council is required to set standard cost of care for charges for residential and nursing care. In doing so, the Council must have a clear consultation process, pay due regard to the cost base information detailed by providers and ensure a reasonable and robust methodology is used.
The Council are looking to conduct an independent review of their current Care Homes and Care Homes with nursing rates to build on the successful interim analysis conducting during 2014. They are looking to survey the market and use the exercise to help validate rates for 2015/16 and provide a consistent methodology to create a two year funding arrangement for both 2015/16 and 2016/17. The review will need to ensure both value for money for the Council and be mindful of the provider’s current pressures.
The Council currently has 53 residential and nursing homes within its boundaries and the price paid per placement is set through Council agreement to specific fee rates depending on need and type of care. Stockport MBC currently operates a four rate system,
· Standard Residential
· High Dependency
· Standard Nursing
· Nursing EMI
By completing this review the Council will have conducted an independent and thorough process that both protects them from any external challenge but also sets the platform for equitable and sustainable negotiation of rates with the care market.
Any recommendations from an exercise such as this, needs to be mindful of the current fee rates payable by the Council and the financial constraints placed upon them at this current time.
The Council are seeking to appointment an organisation to conduct a review, coordinate the evaluation and analysis of information and present information that will inform the Council’s fee settlement for the years 15/16 & 16/17.
The successful organisation will have experience and knowledge of the care sector and will have preferably undertaken similar exercises for other local authorities.
The successful organisation will need to:
· Develop a standard data and pricing template
· Contact each of the current providers to understand their current pressures and to ensure a comprehensive assessment of costs
· Coordinate the collection of survey data from the providers
· Address provider queries and engagement in the process in a professional and efficient manner
· Demonstrate quality assurance on the detail and thoroughness of information provided by providers and ensure missing elements are followed up and completed
· Provide a full and detailed breakdown that reflects the true cost of care taking account of both direct and indirect costs
· Provide a detailed comparison of the actual cost of care and realistic fee levels based on these costs to help the Council assess the appropriate fee levels.
· Provide a clear and defensible methodology to the proposed fee structure
· Propose a fee rate based on the actual data supplied
· Provide a final report on the costs and recommended level of fees for 15/16 & 16/17 by 15 June 2015
· Contact each of the current providers to understand their current and forecast cost pressures for 2015-17 and to ensure a comprehensive assessment of costs
· Reviewing the Council’s approach to how the cost of capital is provided for in the standard cost of care and options to make the approach more sophisticated
- Mr James Hunter
- Email Address:
- STaR Shared Procurement Service
Trafford Council, Trafford Town Hall
- 21/04/2015 17:00
- 04/05/2015 17:00
- 12 (months)
- 0 (months)
- Express an interest online