Request for Quotation for Software Development
The Cambridgeshire Insight Open Data Partnership wants to be able to publish the same context-rich data in a way that is both human-readable and machine-readable.
Request for Quotation for Software development of a tool to create edit and validate tabular data packages
Awarding body Cambridgeshire County Council
|EST. START DATE:||01/04/2015|
|EST. END DATE:||18/05/2015|
The Cambridgeshire Insight Open Data portal (http://opendata.cambridgeshireinsight.org.uk/) is a local website to allow users to publish, share and promote local open data.
Traditionally Cambridgeshire Insight Open Data editors have published research data in a spreadsheets comprising
* multiple worksheets of datasets
* multirow headings with descriptions
* dedicated metadata/notes worksheets to provide additional context
E.g. The xls file published in the Cambridgeshire Population Forecasts 2012 DKAN dataset (http://opendata.cambridgeshireinsight.org.uk/dataset/cambridgeshire-population-forecasts-2012) contains more information than the individual csv files.
The Cambridgeshire Insight Open Data Partnership wants to be able to publish the same context-rich data in a way that is both human-readable and machine-readable so that we maximise the audience for our data and minimise the effort required to process the data into a useful state.
To achieve this we plan to adopt the Tabular open data package standard as defined at http://dataprotocols.org/tabular-data-package/ to achieve equity for visiting humans and robots.
– Enhance DataPackage Creator/editor http://data.okfn.org/tools/ to allow mapping of the fields from Cambridgeshire Insight Open Data (CIOD) http://opendata.cambridgeshireinsight.org.uk/ to be usable by CIOD Editors
– Enhance DataPackage Creator/editor http://data.okfn.org/tools/ to allow local CIOD standards to be applied
– Enhance validation tool ,such as csv lint to validate entire data packages as well as individual CSVs
Please ensure that you have made a copy of this advert and any relevant information or documents BEFORE the ‘Document Available Until’ date, this advert will not be accessible on or after this date. You then have until the ‘Submission Return By’ date to respond.
|Contract Type||One off|
|Procurement Process||One off Supply|
|Estimated ValueTEXT DESCRIPTION||5000-9999|
|Suitable for SME||YES|
DOCUMENT AVAILABLE UNTIL
20 March 2015
SUBMISSION RETURN BY
31 March 2015
Cambridgeshire County Council