Requirement for Conservation Architect Bristol
CYN wish to recruit a conservation architect led design team to take the project forward from feasibility stage to completion (RIBA Stages 1-7).
United Kingdom-Bristol: Architectural design services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Creative Youth Network
Kingswood Estate, 20 Old School House
Contact point(s): Estates Department
For the attention of: Derek Pickup
BS15 8DB Bristol
Telephone: +44 1179477948
General address of the contracting authority: www.creativeyouthnetwork.org.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.mytenders.org/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA32969
Electronic access to information: http://thestationbristol.org.uk/take-part.html
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
Recreation, culture and religion
Other: Community youth activities
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 12: Architectural services; engineering services and integrated engineering services; urban planning and landscape engineering services; related scientific and technical consulting services; technical testing and analysis services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Bridewell Street/Solver Street Bristol UK.
NUTS code UK
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
The Creative Youth Network is a successful charity helping young people in the Bristol area develop their potential particularly in the field of performing arts and related activities. The Creative Youth Network has acquired a major site in the centre of the City part of which comprises the Old Magistrates Court, an important Grade 2 listed building which is in very poor condition after years of neglect. Having completed the conversion of an adjacent building to provide facilities for youth activities and revenue generating uses CYN now wish to commence the development of the Old Magistrates Court as a second phase of its comprehensive development of the site to provide a combination of further facilities to support its work with young people. CYN wish to recruit a conservation architect led design team to take the project forward from feasibility stage to completion (RIBA Stages 1-7). The second phase has an anticipated construction cost of approximately 5 000 000 GBP and the CYN hope to largely complete the works by 2018. The works will include major repairs to the historic listed building fabric including its fine interior and the original courts and the alteration and adaptation of the building to accommodate the proposed new uses. The CYN will be seeking the funding from a wide range of sources including the Heritage Lottery Fund and will be using the initial feasibility documentation developed by the successful applicant to support these applications.
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the myTenders Web Site athttp://www.myTenders.org/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=150769
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
71220000, 71221000, 71222000, 71240000, 71247000, 71241000, 71251000
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 500 000 and 700 000 GBP
II.2.2)Information about options
II.2.3)Information about renewals
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.1)Deposits and guarantees required:
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established.
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
(2) All candidates will be required to provide evidence of relevant professional risk indemnity insurance.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required: Given the scale of the project applicants should have an average turnover over the last 3 financial years of at least 1 500 000 GBP per annum.
(1) A statement of the candidate’s average annual number of staff and managerial staff over the previous 3 years.
(2) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
(3) All candidates will be required to provide certification from an independent body attesting conformity to environmental management standards in accordance with the Community Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS); or the European standard BS EN ISO 14001.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide certification drawn up by an independent body attesting the compliance of the economic operator with quality assurance standards based on the relevant European standards.
(5) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures.
(6) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(7) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract; or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control, whether or not they are independent of the candidate.
(8) A list of works carried out over the past 5 years, detailing the value of the consideration received; when and where the work or works were carried out; and whether they were carried out according to the rules of the trade or profession and properly completed.
The pre-qualification questionnaire will require applicants to provide information in their relevant experience, track record, resources and capacity and capability to undertake the commission.
III.3.1)Information about a particular profession
Reference to the relevant law, regulation or administrative provision: RIBA Registered Architectural Practices with AABC accredited staff.
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
Justification for the choice of accelerated procedure: The project has to key funding bids submitted by September 2015 and needs the initial feasibility work completed to accompany the funding bids.
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: The criteria for selection will be set out in the Pre-Qualification Documentation.
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
Section VI: Complementary information
I.1) Name, addresses and contact point(s):
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: Submission by e-mail and hard copy to correspondent.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: