Requirement for Construction Procurement Specialist
The successful organisation or individual will be required to lead and deliver the full end to end procurement process for the replacement CWM Lot 7 programme.
Construction and Real Estate, Printing and Publishing
Location of contract
Value of contract
12 January 2018
09 February 2018
Contract start date
26 February 2018
Contract end date
30 April 2019
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
Birmingham City Council currently operates and manages a framework to deliver Capital Projects and Major Programmes of work of individual project values of above £500,000. This is known as the Constructing West Midlands Lot 7. More information can be found at http://www.constructingwestmidlands.co.uk/partners/lot-7/
This framework is open to and utilised by a number of other contracting authorities and public sector bodies across the West Midlands.
The successful organisation or individual will be required to lead and deliver the full end to end procurement process for the replacement CWM Lot 7 programme and will apply their construction industry and procurement experience in order to ensure that the optimum solution for the Council and other customers is arrived at.
The key milestones are focused around:
– Gain an understanding of the current CWM Lot 7 contractual arrangements, structure and performance
– Market sounding document and stakeholder and market engagement plan
– Options appraisal and Procurement Strategy development
– Stakeholder and Cabinet Approvals
– Ongoing stakeholder engagement & communications
– Completion of Pre-Qualification Stage (development of all supporting PQQ documentation)
– Completion of ITT stage (development of all supporting ITT and contract documentation, lead and facilitate tender evaluations, supplier clarifications, site visits and presentations)
– Production and approval of contract award report
– Development, finalisation and execution of all necessary contracts
– Lead on contract mobilisation.
BCC will be using its e-tendering system (in-tend) for the administration of this procurement process and providers must register with the system to be able to express an interest. The web address is: https://in-tendhost.co.uk/birminghamcc
Registration and use of In-tend is free. All correspondence for this procurement process must be via the In-tend correspondence function. If you are unable to register with In-tend please either email email@example.com or call 0121 464 8000.
If you are interested in tendering please click on the following link to access Birmingham City Councils tender Portal: https://in-tendhost.co.uk/birminghamcc/ and submit your details to register as a bidder. We will send you a log on and password so you can download the tender documentation. Requests to participate must be by way of completion and return of the tender documentation no later than 12:00 hours on 9th February 2018 using the Supplier Portal.
About the buyer
10 Woodcock Street
0121 303 0015
Additional information on how to apply for this contract
If you are interested in tendering please click on the following link to access Birmingham City Council’s tender Portal.
Is a Recurrent Procurement Type? : No
How to apply
Please apply directly to the buyer using the contact details provided.