Requirement for Marketing and Communications Specialist
Birmingham City Council is looking for a communications specialist to help shape and deliver the communications, branding and messaging strategy for the Birmingham Connected agenda.
Birmingham Connected Communications Specialist
Birmingham City Council is looking for a communications specialist to help shape and deliver the communications, branding and messaging strategy for the Birmingham Connected agenda. Particular emphasis will be placed on communications around modal shift, traffic management and major developments/ projects being taken forward including those within the city centre.
The role will include:
– Advising on the marketing and communications strategy for Birmingham Connected.
– Preparation of communications material including press releases, briefings and social media messaging.
– Gaining a comprehensive understanding of key developments and transportation activities in order to communicate these clearly to a variety of audiences.
– Preparation of communications proposals and timelines to inform a wide variety of audiences about key transportation activities, placing particular emphasis on the promotion of sustainable transport modes.
– Supporting the delivery of communication proposals (as above), in particular transportation communications related to key city centre developments.
– Engagement with partners and stakeholders, often through attendance at meetings, to ensure a coordinated approach to communications and activities.
– Planning and attending events which promote the Birmingham Connected agenda and inform various stakeholders and the general public about current transport initiatives.
– Ongoing analysis of communications activity to brief key BCC staff and partners and inform future communications.
– Preparation of responses to correspondence regarding Birmingham Connected and transportation activities.
If you are interested in applying and would like a copy of the tender documentation please register an interest on in-tend. The web address is https://in-tendhost.co.uk/birminghamcc.
Registration and use of in-tend is free. All correspondence for this procurement process must be via the in-tend correspondence function. If you have any problems in accessing in-tend please email us at
email@example.com or call 0121 464 8000.
Your completed tender should be returned by noon on Tuesday 7th April 2015 using the Supplier Portal
Any further queries regarding this opportunity, please contact Naomi Coleman on 0121 303 7868 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct marketing services.
Marketing management consultancy services.
Address: Birmingham City Council, PO Box 10680, Birmingham, B4 7WB
Tel:CPS Helpdesk: 0121 464 8000