Research into Emerging Technologies – Invitation to Tender
1. An overview of the market context and opportunities. 2. A study detailing and benchmarking.
- Economic research services – 79311400
- Economic impact assessment – 79311410
- Business development consultancy services – 79411100
Location of contract
Value of contract
£60k – £90k
18 July 2018
07 August 2018
Contract start date
13 August 2018
Contract end date
30 November 2018
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
This commission consists two distinct project packages, for which we are seeking one provider to deliver both.
Project Package A: Understanding and harnessing GM’s emerging technology advantage.
1. An overview of the market Context & Opportunities
2. A study detailing and benchmarking:
o Greater Manchester’s university capabilities in relation to a range of predetermined key emerging technologies
o Key emerging technology specialisms and expertise that exist within industry in Greater Manchester
o Greater Manchester’s other skills and infrastructure capabilities in relation to same emerging technologies
3. Marketing collateral for the GM emerging technology proposition: The creation of market ready proposition materials and narrative re Greater Manchester’s emerging technology capabilities aimed at attracting potential inward investors into Greater Manchester
Project Package B: Understanding and engaging the opportunity presented by the DIGITAL transformation of ‘non-technology’ companies.
1. A report detailing GM investment opportunity presented through the digital transformation of large non-technology companies (e.g. OEM manufacturers, banks etc). The study should provide an overview of market trends, the scale of the opportunity, and a defined target list of 100 organisations which have the potential to locate or expand some, or all of their technology functions into Greater Manchester.
2. Further to the above, a validated short-list of 40 named priority strategic targets companies to be identified with justification for their inclusion. From this short-list, the provider should provide engagement support with senior decision makers within at least 40 of the target companies. This may be in the form of 1:1 meetings or round table events.
While there is a degree of interdependence between the two project packages, the intent would be that as far as possible, the project packages should run concurrently to accelerate delivery of outputs.
About the buyer
Lee House,90 Great Bridgewater Street
0161 237 4470
How to apply
Please apply directly to the buyer using the contact details provided, or follow the instructions given in the notice description or information section.