Research Tender Growth in Environmental Marine Science
Research Tender Growth in Environmental Marine Science
To provide an independent external assessment of the overall achievements of the GEMS (Growth in Environmental Marine Science) project (an ERDF project) This is a final assessment of all categories through its term (4 years) as required by the Structural Funds programme regulations for projects over £2million (pounds).
UK-Menai Bridge: survey services
Section I: Contracting authority
Bridge Marine Science Group
10 Bridge Street, Anglesey
For the attention of: Paul Freeman
LL59 5DW Menai Bridge
Telephone: +44 1248718010
General address of the contracting authority: www.bridgemarinescience.co.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Other: Global marine science expertise
Section II: Object of the contract
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Wales, some of the work may be carried out electronically.
(1) Compare the outputs delivered and achieved against the outputs agreed with the Welsh European Funding Office in the Programme document using quarterly reports submitted to WEFO and to make this comparison on a cumulative basis to the end of December 2010.
(2) Investigate satisfaction of and results felt by members within the environmental marine science sector supported by GEMS.
(3) Evaluate the management of the project taking into consideration the findings of process audits already carried out.
(4) Identify any constraints (internal and external to the project) which have affected progress and success These may include operational issues, regulatory issues, environmental trends including global financial aspects etc.
(5) Assess how the cross cutting themes.
(6) Determine and explain the reasons for major successes, challenges or failures of the project in order that lessons can be learnt internally and externally especially for SMEs within Government funding programmes.
(7) Highlight key findings.
(8) Assess the overall achievements of the project.
(9) Report the findings to BMSG and produce an electronic report.
(10) Work with BMSG and key stake holders during the process.
(1) design of the evaluation process;
(2) liaison with BMSG management and staff;
(3) collection of data by various methods from BMSG, key stakeholders, and SMEs in the Wales environmental goods and services sector as outlined above;
(4) data analysis;
(5) production of a report to meet the aims outlined above;
(6) delivery of the report to key stakeholders and BMSG.
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 18 000,00 and 24 000,00 GBP
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Description of particular conditions: See conditions of participation.
(2) A certificate or declaration must be provided demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery or money laundering.
(3) A certificate or declaration is required demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business (current or previous) or profession.
(4) A certificate or declaration msut be provided demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business (current of previous) or profession.
(5) A certificate or declaration must be provided of the legal format of the organisation – such as a company registration certificate.
(6) A Value Added Tax certificate must be submitted if the candidate is registered for VAT.
(7) A certificate must be provided of current membership or registration with an appropriate professional body.
(8) A certificate must be provided of current professional, employer and other relevant insurances.
(9) The applicant’s most recent annual report must be provided.
(10) Policy documents and details must be provided concerning: environmental management systems; health and safety; equal opportunities; information security; data protection; quality assurance; and other relevant policies.
(11) A written commitment must be provided that Copywright and Intellectual Property Rights for all material whether electronic or otherwise produced under this or any other contract subsequently arising from this Tender Notice will reside with Bridge Marine Science Group or as agreed in writing with a third party.
(12) Details msut be provided of security measures taken/to be taken to protect BMSG, its members, third parties and/or the public from: denial of service attacks, viruses, spam or spamming, intrusion detection, internal attacks, DNS spoofing, external attacks probing a firewall or other electronic attack, contamination or failure of electronic service.
(13) Any applicant found guilty of misrepresentation in providing the information required may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
A list of previous clients for whom similar work has been carried out in last 3 years.
Section IV: Procedure
The most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated below
1. The quality of the tender proposal. Weighting 25
2. The experience of business/lead consultant within our specialist sector of marine supply chain clustering. Weighting 50
3. Pricing. Weighting 25
Payable documents: no
Persons authorised to be present at the opening of tenders: no
Section VI: Complementary information
Reference to project(s) and/or programme(s): Growth in Environmental Marine Science Project ID 80013.
ERDF priority 2.
Additional information to be included in the Tender Submission:
a) details of the service which is being offered;
b) the methodology or approach which will be taken in order to meet the objectives;
c) a summary of the capabilities and experience of the provider against the services being offered;
d) subcontract work (if any) intended to be placed with other bodies that would not be signatories to the main contract.
Bridge Marine Science Group reserves the right not to accept any of the tenders which may be submitted.
Freedom of Information Act:
If any information contained within the Tender Submissions is confidential this must be specifically indicated and reasons provided. BMSG will use reasonable endeavours to keep such information confidential but does not guarantee to do so if it is obliged to disclose such information pursuant to its duties under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. BMSG may disclose the names and details of applicants to its funders if required to do so.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:8.8.2012