Residential Care Block Contract
Bracknell Forest Borough Council intends to award block contract(s) for residential care for adults, including people with dementia.
Location of contract
Value of contract
12 June 2017
28 June 2017
Contract start date
01 September 2017
Contract end date
31 August 2022
Bracknell Forest Borough Council intends to award block contract(s) for residential care for adults, including people with dementia. The maximum number of care homes with block contracts will be four, with a maximum number of 20 beds.
Within the maximum of 20 beds, approximately four could be intermediate care beds. Organisations must be financially sound, having a minimum turnover of a least double the contract value of approx. £4m (over a five year period). The Council reserves the right to undertake any financial checks that they believe are appropriate.
The contracts awarded will be for a minimum of three years and maximum of five years. Care Homes must meet the following criteria:
• The care home must be within three miles of Bracknell Forest boundary. We would consider care homes slightly outside of this limit in the event that we can not meet our requirement within three miles.
• The minimum number of beds in any one home will be five • We will not consider a fee higher than GBP(£)725 per week per bed for residential care, including for people with dementia.
• For intermediate care provision, the service must be available within Bracknell Forest boundary.
• We will not consider a fee higher than GBP(£)900 per week per bed for intermediate care provision.
• The care home must be registered with Care Quality Commission (CQC).
• Where a care home has been inspected by CQC, they must hold a minimum of a Good rating
• The care home must not have any restrictions on placements by their host authority
• The care home must be prepared to sign the Council’s block contract terms for residential care. The anticipated contract start date is 1st September 2017.
This procurement process is being completed under the ‘Light Touch Regime’, governing ‘Social and Other Specific Services’ detailed in the Public Contracts Regulations 2015. Please note that contracts will be awarded without any further publication and that no further publication will be placed on the Tenders Electronic Daily website (OJEU) after this Contract notice. All care homes who express an interest and meet the minimum criteria will be considered.
If the Council receives multiple expressions of interest, selection will be based on price, location, building, facilities and occupancy plus others as appropriate. If you would like to be considered for this contract, please email Contracts.Team@Bracknell-Forest.gov.uk and briefly detail how you meet each of the criteria stated above. The last date for clarifications is midnight 18th June 2017. Final date for expressions of interest is noon Wednesday 28th June 2017.
The Council will not be held responsible for not communicating important information to any organisation who has not officially registered their interest on the South East Business Portal link below:
About the buyer
Time Square, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1JD
How to apply
Please apply directly to the buyer using the contact details provided.