Roof Replacement Contract
The selected contractor will carry out the full replacement of the roof covering to selected properties.
United Kingdom-Dalkeith: Roof works and other special trade construction works
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Melville Housing Association Ltd
7 Eskdaill Court
Contact point(s): Property Services
For the attention of: Martin Sloan
EH22 1AG Dalkeith
Telephone: +44 1316542733
Fax: +44 1316638855
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.melville.org.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA13582
Electronic access to information: www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: Melville Housing Association Ltd
7 Eskdaill Court
EH22 1AG Dalkeith
Telephone: +44 1316542733
Fax: +44 1316638855
Internet address: http://www.melville.org.uk
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Midlothian, Edinburgh, East Lothian, Scottish Borders, North and South Lanarkshire.
NUTS code UKM
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
The selected contractor will carry out the full replacement of the roof covering to selected properties. This will include the removal of the existing roof covering, renewal of felt and tile batten. There may also be the requirement to renew or refurbish the rainwater goods.
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site athttp://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=426619
The buyer has indicated that it will accept electronic responses to this notice via the Postbox facility. A user guide is available athttp://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/sitehelp/help_guides.aspx
Suppliers are advised to allow adequate time for uploading documents and to dispatch the electronic response well in advance of the closing time to avoid any last minute problems.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
II.2.2)Information about options
Description of these options: Option to extend the contract.
Provisional timetable for recourse to these options:
in months: 60 (from the award of the contract)
II.2.3)Information about renewals
Number of possible renewals: 1
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established.
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
(2) All candidates will be required to provide evidence of relevant professional risk indemnity insurance.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
(1) A statement of the candidate’s average annual number of staff and managerial staff over the previous 3 years.
(2) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide certification from an independent body attesting conformity to environmental management standards in accordance with the Community Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS); or the European standard BS EN ISO 14001.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide certification drawn up by an independent body attesting the compliance of the economic operator with quality assurance standards based on the relevant European standards.
(5) Certificates drawn up by official quality control institutes or agencies of recognised competence attesting the conformity of products clearly identified by references to specifications or standards.
(6) Samples, descriptions and/or photographs, the authenticity of which must be certified if the contracting authority so requests.
(7) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures.
(8) A statement of the candidate’s technical facilities; measures for ensuring quality; and their study and research facilities.
(9) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(10) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract; or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control, whether or not they are independent of the candidate.
(11) A statement of the tools, plant or technical equipment available to the service provider or contractor for carrying out the contract.
(12) A list of works carried out over the past 5 years, detailing the value of the consideration received; when and where the work or works were carried out; and whether they were carried out according to the rules of the trade or profession and properly completed.
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: Submission of PQQ.
The most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated below
1. Quality. Weighting 50
2. Price. Weighting 50
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents or descriptive document
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
Estimated timing for further notices to be published: 2021.
The Contractor shall ensure that all contracts with Subcontractors and Suppliers which the Contractor intends to procure following the Commencement Date, and which the Contractor has not, before the date of this Contract, already planned to award to a particular Subcontractor or Supplier, are advertised through the Public Contracts Scotland procurement portal (www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk) and awarded following a fair, open, transparent and competitive process proportionate to the nature and value of the contract.
VI.4.1)Body responsible for appeal procedures
The Scottish Public Services Ombudsman
4 Melville Street
EH3 7NS Edinburgh
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: