Rothesay Pavilion Redevelopment Contract
(a) Significant repair or replacement of key elements of the existing category A listed, historic fabric including: replacement/repair of areas of cast stonework; replacement of original metal windows.
United Kingdom-Lochgilphead: Buildings of particular historical or architectural interest
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Argyll and Bute Council
Contact point(s): Procurement and Commissioning Team
For the attention of: Frank Smith
PA31 8RT Lochgilphead
Telephone: +44 1546604187
Fax: +44 1546604411
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.argyll-bute.gov.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00063
Electronic access to information: www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Rothesay, Isle of Bute, Argyll and Bute.
NUTS code UKM63
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
(a) Significant repair or replacement of key elements of the existing category A listed, historic fabric including: replacement/repair of areas of cast stonework; replacement of original metal windows; repair of expanses of flat roof and repair/replacement of other building elements to replicate the original art-deco 1930’s style.
(b) Provision of new elements on the existing lower ground and upper ground floor levels including: an exhibition area/art gallery; small retail unit; second performance venue; café/restaurant; toilets; kitchens and staff accommodation.
(c) Significant upgrading of the main hall and performance space including provision of new sound and lighting systems; improved stage engineering; new sound room; new public bars and repairs to the existing sprung dance floor.
(d) Extension on to the first floor to provide a new function room overlooking Rothesay Bay and 6 small offices.
(e) Installation of a passenger lift to provide access to all floors.
(f) Repairs to the existing caretaker’s house at the rear of the site to bring it back into use as a holiday let or base for an artist in residence.
(g) Full renewal of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering installations.
Note: The buyer is using PCS-Tender to carry out this procurement process. Please note this is a separate website and if you are not already registered, registration will be required.
To access PCS-Tender, record your interest in this notice and access the tender documentation please visithttps://www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk and search for project Code project_4484 under PQQs Open to All Suppliers. Please use the Search/Filter function, then select Project Code from the dropdown. Please note that once you have expressed interest in the PQQ it will move to your My PQQs area.
For further information on using PCS-Tender, please read the Supplier Response Guide:https://www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/esop/pts-host/public/pts/supplierhelppage/PCS-TSupplierResponseGuide.pdf
If you have already registered on Public Contracts Scotland and PCS-Tender and paired your accounts you can access PCS-Tender through your Public Contracts Scotland Control Panel.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
45212350, 45210000, 45212000
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
II.2.2)Information about options
Description of these options: Option to extend or add additional works as required.
Provisional timetable for recourse to these options:
in months: 24 (from the award of the contract)
II.2.3)Information about renewals
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.1)Deposits and guarantees required:
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
Description of particular conditions: Please see the PQQ Documentation available via Public Contracts Scotland — Tender.
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
Please see the PQQ Documentation available via Public Contracts Scotland — Tender.
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: Please see the PQQ Documentation available via Public Contracts Scotland — Tender.
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.2)Previous publication(s) concerning the same contract
Prior information notice
Notice number in the OJEU: 2015/S 67-117345 of 4.4.2015
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
Section VI: Complementary information
The Contractor shall ensure that all contracts with Subcontractors and Suppliers which the Contractor intends to procure following the Commencement Date, and which the Contractor has not, before the date of this Contract, already planned to award to a particular Subcontractor or Supplier, are advertised through the Public Contracts Scotland procurement portal (www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk) and awarded following a fair, open, transparent and competitive process proportionate to the nature and value of the contract.
Under the terms of this contract the successful supplier(s) will be required to deliver Community Benefits in support of the authority’s economic and social objectives. Accordingly, contract performance conditions may relate in particular to social and environmental considerations. The Community Benefits included in this contract are:
Argyll and Bute Council is committed to maximising Community Benefits from its procurement activities. Under this procurement, the contractor, and its supply chain, will be required to support the authority’s social objectives relating to participation in skills development, training and employment initiatives and other added value contributions. Accordingly, the contract will contain conditions relating the use of the National Skills Academy Client Based Approach.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: