Safeguarding Adults Training for Supervisors
This training will be offered to adult social care providers working in Sefton.
- Sefton Council
- ARFQ- Safeguarding adults fo Care Provider Managers/Supervisors training
- Additional Categorisation(s):
- This training will be offered to adult social care providers working in Sefton. The venue for these courses is the Council’s Corporate Learning Centre which is based in Ainsdale. Actual dates of events to be confirmed with the Learning and Development Officer.
Duration – One-day course = 7 Hours
Timing – 9.30am to 4.30pm
Maximum Number of Learners per session – 20
Number of events required – 5 x 1 day courses in year 1
& nbs p; To provide an opportunity for supervisors and managers to develop their knowledge of safeguarding adults policies and procedures and their role within the safeguarding process.
· To increase familiarity with the multi-agency safeguarding adults procedures.
· To identify your roles and responsibilities in safeguarding adults situations – referral process, contributions to strategy/case conferences.
· To understand the importance of recording all information appropriate to the safeguarding process and any subsequent action.
· To understand the principles of information sharing.
· To consider the links between safeguarding adults and the MCA 2005.
· To explore good practice in the prevention of abuse.
· To develop a personal action plan for your work setting with regard to safeguarding adult issues.
Training Specification (how the training is expected to be delivered)
· Taught input / power point
· Group work / discussions
· Case studies
Trainer Requirements (e.g. qualifications, experience, skills)
· Registered Social Worker
· Post Graduate Certificate in Training and Development
· Previous experience of developing and delivering specialist safeguarding training to this target audience
· Evidence of Continuing Professional Development Re: Safeguarding MCA / DoLS and the Care Act. Able to demonstrate a working knowledge of Safeguarding
The Council has an indicative budget of £750.00 (inclusive of all associated costs) allocated per day. The Council reserves the right not to consider any bid that exceeds the indicative budget.
- Mr Stuart Bate
- Email Address:
- 0151 934 4288
- 0151 934 4579
- The Town Hall
- 21/04/2015 14:30
- 06/05/2015 12:00
- 12 (months)
- 12 (months)