Security Upgrades Rotherham
Upgrading the security requirements to 67 blocks of flats, 64 of which will require upgrading from a manual locking system to a magnetic locking system with fob access; such as KMS, similar or approved.
- Rotherham MBC
- 15-091 Security Upgrades
- Ro therham MBC is inviting tenders for the upgrade of Security arrangements across the Borough. This is a combination of:
· Upgrading the security requirements to 67 blocks of flats, 64 of which will require upgrading from a manual locking system to a magnetic locking system with fob access; such as KMS, similar or approved.
· Of the total number of flats, 2 will require just the KMS upgrade, similar or approved.
· Of the total number of flats, 3 will require upgrading to a magnetic system but already have KMS.
Ro therham MBC (the Council) recently embarked on a programme of replacing the main entrance doors to blocks of flats across the borough. As part of the recent programme we upgraded the new doors to a KMS electronic fob system. We have since identified that there are blocks as above which had previously had high security doors fitted with a mechanical lock and key option and these need upgrading to a mag-lock system. This will require the installation of mag-posts which will need to be compatible with the profile of the existing doors which are currently in situ. Push to exit buttons will also need fitting as part of the upgrade along with a new fire switch; this is to be located in the side panel and this will need replacing to accommodate the new fire switch.
The form of contract applied is NEC Short Form and Tenderers should reflect this in their pricing.
The contract carries no guarantee of volumes or value in any period or over the life of the contract.
Prices are to be firm for the duration of the contract i.e. until 31st March 2016.
Th e programme for (2015-16) is appended to these contract documents – the final design and measurements are the responsibility of the Contractor and the Council does not warrant any data provided. The Client will, in conjunction with the contractor, agree colours, styles and locking mechanisms to be fitted at each location based on the recommendations of the Contractor.
In order to simplify pricing the sizes have been banded and Contractors will be expected to accommodate the actual requirements within the specified price band following survey. It is therefore expected that the pricing document to be priced by contractors is Appendix 3 – Pricing Document. RMBC understand that in some instances prices may vary due to the type and nature of the works but in principle this document will be used as a base cost model.
The contract will be awarded subject to a:
· Review of the prices in Appendix 3 – Pricing Doc.
· The submission of a programme which demonstrates that all the addresses in the Appendix 5 – Property List with works required, can be completed by the end of March 2016.
· Compliance with the specification and associated evidence as requested.
· A company financial check and evidence of the associated insurances as requested.
· And that all the documents submitted have been filled in correctly and complete.
Te nders are to be returned via the YORtender system by Friday 20th November 2015 – 12:00 hrs. All correspondence needs to be sent via YORtender and the Council will not enter any dialogue or otherwise by any other channel.
The details set out in this ITT are given in good faith and believed to be correct. However, RMBC does not warrant the accuracy of those details and each Tenderer should make its own appropriate enquiries.
- Ms Annette Arnall
- Email Address:
- 01709 255759
- Riverside House
- 29/10/2015 09:37
- 20/11/2015 12:00
- 12 (months)
- 0 (months)