Sellafield Operational Site Works Tender
The Authority is looking to place a 4 year (3 years with option to extend for a further 1 year at the Authorities discretion) single party framework agreement for the Operations Site Works (OSW).
United Kingdom-Seascale: Construction work
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name and addresses
Contact person: Paul King
Telephone: +44 1946784555
NUTS code: UKD1
Address of the buyer profile: https://sharedsystems.eu-supply.com/ctm/Company/CompanyInformation/Index/3510
I.4)Type of the contracting authority
Section II: Object
Operations Site Works (OSW).
II.1.2)Main CPV code
II.1.3)Type of contract
The Authority is looking to place a 4 year (3 years with option to extend for a further 1 year at the Authorities discretion) single party framework agreement for the Operations Site Works (OSW). The primary purpose of the OSW Framework will focus on securing a delivery partner to carry out civil, mechanical and electrical asset care works and projects in a cost efficient manner, supporting Sellafield Ltd in its strategy to standardise and categorise plant, equipment and project delivery methods. Overall OSW Framework Value Range 120 000 000 – 160 000 000 GBP.
II.1.5)Estimated total value
II.1.6)Information about lots
II.2.2)Additional CPV code(s)
II.2.3)Place of performance
Sellafield Ltd, Seascale, Cumbria, CA20 1PG.
II.2.4)Description of the procurement:
The Authority is looking to invite potential providers to bid for a place on the Operations Site Works Framework (OSW). The OSW is a single party framework put in place for an initial 3 years with the possibility of a 1 year extension, with final optional year taken up at discretion of Sellafield Ltd.
The 3 main operating models of the works under the framework, as characterised as follows:
1. Jobs — Low risk, relatively low value projects where governance and reporting requirements are fit for purpose but proportionate to scope and risk.
2. Tasks — larger, more complex and/or more multi-disciplined tasks where governance and reporting requirements will be more stringent.
3. Projects and asset class programmes — larger, more complex and/or more multi-disciplined Projects, and/or alignment of Projects to support standardisation and programmes of known Operations Division asset classes. Governance and reporting requirements will be stringent. Examples of asset classes could include; installation of air handling units, steam pipework or condensate lines.
The OSW scope will include requirements for single and multi-discipline works, services and management controls (relating to the scope of this framework).
1. Civil Works typically consisting of, but not limited to; ground works, roads, paths, minor construction and new build, repair and maintenance of buildings and civils, minor decommissioning and demolition, rail work and support, security enhancements, roofing, fencing and painting.
2. Mechanical Works typically consisting of, but not limited to: heating and ventilation, pipework, steelwork, miscellaneous metalwork, pumps and valves, air conditioning inspection of OSW works, security enhancements, testing and commissioning of OSW works.
3. Electrical Works typically consisting of, but not limited to building lighting, alarm systems, testing and commissioning, instrumentation, pumps and motors power refrigeration, coolers and chillers, controls and control systems, security enhancements and power distribution.
3. Contract/Project Management of OSW Works typically consisting of, but not limited to: project, contract and cost management, portfolio / project planning and scheduling transport, storage and waste management, skilled resource and engineering capability design and construction support capability, access and lifting capability, specialist Sub Contractors.
For full details, please see the OSW Scope document and Invitation to Pre Qualification Questionnaire located on the Sellafield Sites CTM portal.
II.2.7)Duration of the contract, framework agreement or dynamic purchasing system
The OSW framework will be put in place for an initial 3 years with the possibility of a 1 year extension, with final optional year taken up at discretion of Sellafield Ltd.
II.2.9)Information about the limits on the number of candidates to be invited
II.2.10)Information about variants
II.2.11)Information about options
II.2.13)Information about European Union funds
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.1)Suitability to pursue the professional activity, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
Parent Company Guarantees may be required at Sellafield Ltd’s discretion. Where Parent Company Guarantees cannot be provided, Sellafield Ltd may be require the contractor to provide a Performance Bond, in a form satisfactory to Sellafield Ltd.
III.1.2)Economic and financial standing
III.1.3)Technical and professional ability
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.3)Information about a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system
IV.1.8)Information about the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
IV.2.1)Previous publication concerning this procedure
IV.2.2)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.2.3)Estimated date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.2.4)Languages in which tenders or requests to participate may be submitted:
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
Sellafield is currently reviewing what changes, if any, may be made to the Flowdown Terms and/ or the Internal Procedures (as referred to in the Flowdown Terms) in light of the termination of the Maintenance and Operation Agreement between the NDA and Sellafield Ltd. For the purposes of this procurement, whilst we have included draft forms of contract for your reference, please note that the review of the Flowdown Terms may result in changes to the draft contract forms issued as part of this contract notice to reflect any changed that may be made to the Flowdown Terms.
SL reserves the right to change without notice the procedure for awarding the contract; to reject any and all tenders; to stop the procurement and / or not award the contract.
SL will not be responsible for any costs, fees or expenses (including third party costs, fees or expenses) incurred for this framework opportunity.
Tenders must be priced in GBP and submitted in English.
No implied contract arises as a result of participating in this procurement.
No contract will be created between Sellafield Ltd and any party until a contract is executed between Sellafield Ltd and the successful bidder.
Any contract will be subject to the jurisdiction and laws of England and Wales.
In regards to the review procedures, Candidates are referred to Part 3, Chapter 5 of the Public Contracts Regulations 2015.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: