Sheffield Retail Quarter – Development Partner
Sheffield City Council is seeking to appoint a Strategic Development Partner to deliver the development of a major retail and leisure focused scheme with associated mixed uses, public realm and infrastructure.
United Kingdom-Sheffield: Real estate services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Sheffield City Council
Commercial Services, 2nd Floor, Moorfoot
For the attention of: Filip Leonard
S1 4PL Sheffield
Telephone: +44 1142037624
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/business-economy/contracts
Electronic access to information: www.yortender.co.uk
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: www.yortender.co.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Sheffield.
NUTS code UKE32
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
The scheme will become a New Retail Quarter (NRQ) for the City, with the ultimate goal of elevating the wider city centre to its rightful position as a major regional shopping and leisure destination. The Council has spent considerable time developing the concept scheme and it is envisaged that the development will comprise approximately 900 000 sq.ft. including, at this stage, 200 000 sq.ft. of office and residential uses along with associated public realm and amenities.
The SDP will be expected to carry out a full development role in line with the principles of the Council’s planning policy, scheme design and the Outline Planning Application.
The SDP will lead the development of seven hectares of land in Sheffield city centre in order to provide a modern, flexible retail and leisure led scheme with associated mixed uses, public realm and major infrastructure. The site, most of which is currently in the control of the Council, may be developed in phases. The Council intends to continue site assembly as the project progresses.
The SDP will be expected to manage and co-ordinate the professional team appointed or to be appointed by the Council, and will be required to manage and lead the development in line with the principles of the Council’s planning policy and concept scheme. The SDP may also be required to assist with final site assembly. The SDP must be able to satisfy the Council as to its ability to secure funding and investment opportunities. The financial structure of the contract is to be discussed with shortlisted bidders during dialogue phase.
Part of the Competitive Dialogue process will be to discuss the most efficient means of partnership / joint venture
between the Council and the SDP. Through its land holdings and the availability of Tax Incremental Finance, the Council will be a major co-investment partner. The role of the Council as a co-investment partner along with appropriate contractual or corporate structures is to be determined through competitive dialogue along with establishing hurdle rates of return and other pre-conditions to development.
It is anticipated that the preferred bidder will be selected during 2015.
Note: to register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the myTenders Web Site athttp://www.myTenders.org/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=151791
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
70000000, 45200000, 45210000, 66122000
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
Estimated value excluding VAT: 480 000 000 GBP
II.2.2)Information about options
II.2.3)Information about renewals
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.1)Deposits and guarantees required:
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established.
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
Bidders will be required to comply with the Public Contract Regulations 2014 in respect of mandatory and discretionary grounds for rejection including self-cleansing.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
(2) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: As set out in the descriptive document.
IV.1.3)Reduction of the number of operators during the negotiation or dialogue
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.2)Previous publication(s) concerning the same contract
Prior information notice
Notice number in the OJEU: 2014/S 245-430954 of 19.12.2014
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: