Solar Farm Development 2015 Newcastle
The design, construction and commissioning of a solar farm on a 26 acre site.
United Kingdom-Newcastle upon Tyne: Solar installation
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Newcastle International Airport Limited
For the attention of: Mr Neil McIntyre
NE13 8BZ Newcastle upon Tyne
Telephone: +44 1912143106
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Design and execution
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Newcastle International Airport.
NUTS code UKC22
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
Range: between 4 000 000 and 4 500 000 GBP
II.2.2)Information about options
II.2.3)Information about renewals
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.1)Deposits and guarantees required:
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
The statement of capability must include the applicant’s full name and address, contact name and status and contact telephone number as well as the information requested elsewhere in this notice. Such information should also include:
1. Certificate of incorporation or equivalent and/or professional/commercial registration (if applicable).
2. VAT registration number.
3. Details of parent company or other group companies (if applicable) together with their certificate of incorporation or equivalent. In the statement of capability the applicant must confirm that the matters listed in sub-paragraphs a) to h) below do not apply, nor have applied in the past, to it. If this cannot be confirmed an explanation should be provided.
a) Being an individual who is bankrupt or has had a receiving order or administration order made against him or has made any composition or arrangement with or for the benefit of his creditors or appears unable to pay, or to have no reasonable prospect of being able to pay, a debt within the meaning of Section 268 of the Insolvency Act 1968, or Article 242 of the Insolvency (Northern Ireland) Order 1989, or in Scotland has granted a trust or deed for creditors or become otherwise apparently insolvent, or is the subject of a petition presented for sequestration of his estate, or is the subject of any similar procedure under the law of any other state;
b) being a partnership constituted under Scots law has granted a trust deed or become otherwise apparently insolvent, or is the subject of a petition presented for sequestration of its estate;
c) being a company which has passed a resolution or is the subject of an order by the court for the company’s winding up otherwise than for the purpose of bona fide reconstruction or amalgamation, or has had a receiver, manager or administrator on behalf of a creditor appointed in respect of the company’s business or any part thereof or is the subject of proceedings for any of the above procedures or is the subject of similar procedures under the law of any other state;
d) has been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of his business or profession;
e) has committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of his business or profession;
f) has not fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the contractor is established.
g) has not fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the applicant is established.
h) is guilty of serious misrepresentation on providing any information to the contracting authority. Applicants should indicate if they are applying as a consortium or joint venture and if so, who are the parties. All of the information must be provided for each member of a consortium or joint venture, seeking to be invited to tender.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
1. Provide details of the applicant’s previous experience of carrying out similar works (design and build of solar farms above 1 MW in size), specifying the forms of contract, contract values, contract periods, generating capacity, location of PV array (ground or roof), annual and cumulative performance ratios achieved and clients involved together with references.
2. Provide details of company size, structure and demographics including a statement of average annual manpower and the number of managerial staff over the last 3 years and a brief CV for the project leader and each key member of the proposed team.
3. Provide details of any relevant professional or trade organisations by which your company is accredited.
4. Details of quality management procedures and accreditation.
5. Provide details of the applicant’s health and safety policy.
6. Provide a statement of the applicant’s environmental policy.
7. Provide details of any prohibition notices or formal cautioning or prosecutions in relation to the applicant’s business.
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: The number of candidates is determined by the company financial standing orders.
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.2)Previous publication(s) concerning the same contract
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents or descriptive document
Payable documents: no
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
VI.2)Information about European Union funds
The contracting authority reserves the right to change this notice without notice, the award procedure, to reject all or any bids for the contract, determining discussions with any liability on its part. Tenders and all supporting documents must be priced in sterling. Any agreement entered into will be considered to be a contract made in England according to English Law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English court. The contracting authority is not liable for any costs incurred by those expressing an interest in this contract opportunity.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: