Stair Cleaning Tender Edinburgh
Framework for a Communal Stair Cleaning Service.
United Kingdom-Edinburgh: Cleaning and sanitation services in urban or rural areas, and related services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
The City of Edinburgh Council
Waverley Court, 4 East Market Street
Contact point(s): Commercial and Procurement Services
For the attention of: Paul Bell
EH8 8BG Edinburgh
Telephone: +44 1315294569
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00290
Electronic access to information: www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 14: Building-cleaning services and property management services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Edinburgh.
NUTS code UKM25
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.4)Information on framework agreement
maximum number of participants to the framework agreement envisaged: 3
Duration of the framework agreement
Duration in months: 48
Estimated total value of purchases for the entire duration of the framework agreement
Estimated value excluding VAT: 3 000 000 GBP
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
The framework is planned to start no later than 24.9.2016 and will continue for a period of 2 years, with an optional further period of 2 years ending no later than 23.9.2020.
The award criteria are based on a value for money ratio of 60 % Price and 40 % Quality.
Contractors should be aware that being appointed to the Framework is no guarantee of some or any work and that the Council will apply the following methodology to all orders placed:
The contractor ranked 1st within the Framework (offering best value considering cost and quality determined at award stage) will be offered the business in the first instance throughout the Framework Contract period.
If, for whatever reason, the 1st ranked contractor cannot meet the requirements during the Framework Contract period the 2nd ranked contractor will be offered the work and so on.
This arrangement is required to drive best value whilst ensuring business continuity.
On instruction from a designated Officer from the City of Edinburgh Council the contractor shall carry out:
— ‘Standard’ weekly cleans to Council property as detailed within the Service Specification;
— ‘Standard’ fortnightly cleans to Private property as detailed within the Service Specification;
— ‘Special’ one-off cleans on an as-and-when required basis;
— Demonstrate a responsive and flexible approach to work and response times as detailed within the Service Specification;
— Emergency or Specialised cleaning arranged on an as and when basis;
— Emergency assistance to other Council Services during periods of severe weather conditions.
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site athttp://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=434275
The buyer has indicated that it will accept electronic responses to this notice via the Postbox facility. A user guide is available athttp://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/sitehelp/help_guides.aspx
Suppliers are advised to allow adequate time for uploading documents and to dispatch the electronic response well in advance of the closing time to avoid any last minute problems.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
II.2.2)Information about options
Description of these options: An optional extension period of 2 years.
Provisional timetable for recourse to these options:
in months: 18 (from the award of the contract)
II.2.3)Information about renewals
Number of possible renewals: 1
In the case of renewable supplies or service contracts, estimated timeframe for subsequent contracts:
in months: 48 (from the award of the contract)
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
(1) A statement of the candidate’s average annual number of staff and managerial staff over the previous 3 years.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide certification drawn up by an independent body attesting the compliance of the economic operator with quality assurance standards based on the relevant European standards.
(3) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents or descriptive document
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
Estimated timing for further notices to be published: 18-42 months.
VI.4.2)Lodging of appeals
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: