Stand Build Contract – The West Midlands Growth Company
1. Project Management: To construct and manufacture the physical space within the Midlands Pavilion, reporting directly to Sector on site.
Materials and Products, Technology and Equipment
Location of contract
Value of contract
£0.01 – £149k
15 November 2017
04 December 2017
Contract start date
18 December 2017
Contract end date
31 March 2018
The West Midlands Growth Company (WMGC) formerly West Midlands Growth Company, is a new company that was established in April 2017 to create new jobs, expand existing businesses and attract new businesses and investment to the region. It is aligned to the ambitions set out in the West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA) Strategic Economic Plan.
The WMGC has been established in partnership with Local Enterprise Partnerships, local authorities, Growth Hubs, universities and a wide range of businesses across the private sector. It focuses its core activities across Greater Birmingham and Solihull, Coventry and Warwickshire and the Black Country, with the potential and scope to deliver services in a wider Midlands context.
The WMGC is owned by the WMCA, its Constituent Members and Universities, with governance that heavily involves the private sector in the majority. Its core WMCA and local authority funding will be used to attract significant additional funding from the private sector and other sources, such as future Devolution Deals.
The WMGC works as a key partner within the Midlands Engine partnership and is charged with a coordination role for MIPIM 2018
The project is seeking to appoint an organisation who can provide stand builder services prior to, during and post the Midlands UK’s attendance at MIPIM 2018.
1. Project Management: To construct and manufacture the physical space within the Midlands Pavilion, reporting directly to Sector on site
2. Design, Construction & Materials: Working with WMGC to produce a high finish internal fit-out working to strict brand guidelines
3. Audio Visual: To provide, install and manage-onsite all technical requirements
4. Health & Safety: To produce all safety documentation as required by REED Midem (overarching MIPIM organisers) in relation to the build, any fixtures and fittings, and use of the structure
5. Snagging: Ability to resolve any issues that might arise on site; either pre-event or during relating to the build and finish
6. Transport, Workshop Facilities & Logistics: Transport of items required for the pavilion build to Palais des Festivals, Cannes, France
To develop a unique concept (designed in conjunction with WMGC and partners) to create approx. 200sqm.
This tender has two components:
i. 200sqm pavilion
ii. Terrace area (subject to funding being available)
The latter terrace will only proceed should WMGC secure sufficient funding. The successful bidder will be notified by 31 January 2018.
The stand design should allow for business lounge feel whilst offering flexibility of use.
Item 1: 200sqm pavilion – This should include the following spaces and functions:
a) Reception desk
b) Meeting area
c) Events theatre area
Item 2: Pavilion + terrace – please refer to diagram (page 11), which will provide an additional approx. 40 sqm of meeting space
About the buyer
2 Centenary Square
How to apply
Please apply directly to the buyer using the contact details provided.