Structural and Civil Engineering Design Services Framework – Derby
To procure sub-structure and civil engineering design services.
United Kingdom-Derby: Engineering design services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name and addresses
839 London Road
Telephone: +44 1332888777
NUTS code: UKF11
I.4)Type of the contracting authority
Section II: Object
DH19001 — Structural and Civil Engineering Design Services Framework
II.1.2)Main CPV code
II.1.3)Type of contract
The purpose of this tender exercise is to procure sub-structure and civil engineering design services to design effective suitable foundation/substructure recommendations for the superstructures of new development schemes for the purposes of:
— planning applications,
— on site construction (including working drawings),
— as built drawings (in the case of revision for the H&S file at practical completion).
The employer would like to set up a framework containing a maximum of 3 providers, who will be eligible to bid on foundation/substructure design opportunities as they arise.
For full details, please see the tender documents.
II.1.5)Estimated total value
II.1.6)Information about lots
II.2.2)Additional CPV code(s)
II.2.3)Place of performance
II.2.4)Description of the procurement:
The scope of the structural and civil engineering works required from the framework for each scheme will be to provide:
1) Engineering design and detail of new foundations and ground floors – provision of calculations for loadings and suitable design of foundations for the soil conditions and superstructure type and connections to the sub structure. This includes preparing a drainage strategy for the purposes of planning applications working with the drainage authority;
2) Structural engineering design services – including the provision of structural calculations, superstructure stability checks, subcontractor design checks and suitable design recommendations of framework architect superstructure designs including the production of working drawings of the design of load bearing masonry, steel work beams, purlins and bearings and connection details so that they work with the sub-structure design as detailed above. This also covers an in principle superstructure check at the planning stage;
3) Below ground drainage design and calculations – provision of comprehensive working design drawings based on calculations for sustainable foul and rain/surface water drainage in line with planning conditions/site conditions including potential points of connection, invert levels and pipe sizes flow rates and soakaways;
4) Paths and hard standings and suitable easy to maintain gardens/landscaping – provide appropriate design recommendation, specifications and working drawings to suit ground conditions/planning conditions;
5) tree root protection measures – provide design and working drawings for tree roots as required by planning on the site;
6) Boundary walls and foundations – provide design and working drawings as required by the site layout and design;
7) Civil engineering design – provide designs and working drawings for the detailed design of the street scene, lighting, adjoining drainage layouts and road layouts where applicable for schemes.
Please see the tender documents for full details of the requirements.
II.2.7)Duration of the contract, framework agreement or dynamic purchasing system
II.2.10)Information about variants
II.2.11)Information about options
II.2.13)Information about European Union funds
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.2)Economic and financial standing
III.1.3)Technical and professional ability
III.2.2)Contract performance conditions:
As per the KPI Schedule included with the tender documents.
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.3)Information about a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system
IV.1.8)Information about the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
IV.2.2)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.2.4)Languages in which tenders or requests to participate may be submitted:
IV.2.6)Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
IV.2.7)Conditions for opening of tenders
Derby Homes, 839 London Road, Derby, DE24 8UZ
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
4 years from the award of position on the framework.
The Contracting Authority considers that this contract may be suitable for economic operators that are Small or Medium Enterprises (SMEs). However, any selection of tenderers will be based solely on the criteria set out for the procurement.
For more information about this opportunity, please visit the Delta eSourcing portal at:
To respond to this opportunity, please click here:
Go Reference: GO-2019712-PRO-15092845
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: