Supply Business Management Software and Business Server
To create, implement, support and develop a new Business Management System for Leicester based organisation.
Business Management Software and Business Server
Awarding body Dura-Sport
Dura-Sport is seeking to appoint a specialist software developer to create, implement, support and develop a new Business Management System for their Leicester based organisation.
We will also require recommendations and a proposal for the provision of a suitable server-based platform to support the proposed software.
Anticipated Project Start Date: May 2019
Anticipated Project End Date: December 2019
Established in 1995, Dura-Sport is a Wigston based company specialising in the construction and surfacing of artificial grass sports pitches, playgrounds, and recreational facilities. We deliver installation projects throughout the UK for Clients ranging from Wembley Stadium to small independent nurseries. Our local clients include Leicester City Football Club, Leicester Tigers, Leicestershire County Cricket Club, Leicester City Council and Leicestershire County Council in addition to numerous City and County schools, clubs and organisations.
We currently employ 20 staff, half of which are specialist site based installers.
Our Current Software Systems
We are currently using a range of different software to manage our business operations, none of which are linked or accessible remotely. We use a customer/project database developed in MS Access, a web-based scheduling tool, SAGE accounting, and MS Office. Customer and project information is held in several different locations across our network and each project also has a manual paper file.
Our Software Requirement
In order to be more efficient, proactive, competitive and successful we require a system that incorporates and consolidates all of our current processes. It should also provide us with the ability to record, analyse and utilise intelligence from our existing and prospective customer base in order for us to increase sales and productivity.
The new system will feature:
• System design – Saleable, secure, responsive desktop design for users working within the system on PC or Apple Mac / iPad with permission-based access.
• Company Information Management – To hold all information and documentation relating to an organisation (client, supplier, sub-contractor) accessible through one filterable/searchable storage area including contact details, project information, documents, communications, marketing preferences which feed into all other areas of the system.
• Quotation Management – To hold full project details and costings for standard quotations and tender submissions which feeds into all other areas of the system.
• Project Management – To create and manage a project delivery programme including dynamically generated Gant Chart, interactive schedule calendar, plant and materials record, worksheets and timesheets which feeds into all other areas of the system.
• Procurement Management – To record and manage procurement costs for each project and analyse budget v actual costs which feed into other relevant areas of the system.
• Accounts Management – To facilitate purchase order and invoice workflow linking to SAGE accounting with some detail feeding into other areas of the system.
• Financial Management – To dynamically produce project / client financial reports, programme budget / cost control (permission based access)
• Business Development / Marketing – Recording sales activity – (pro-active, incoming enquiries), Building sales pipeline, Communication log, Sales activity reports /forecast/trends, ability to export filtered lists for mail shots
• Stock control – warehouse barcoding capabilities to assign specific stock materials to a project and manage stock control electronically rather than manually.
As part of this project, we also require recommendations and proposals for a server platform which will accommodate both the new Business Management System software and our existing server-based operations.
We currently run SBS2008 and Server 2008.
There are 2 stages to the evaluation process
1. Written Proposal tender received
2. Presentation by potential providers as follow up to written tender.
Interested parties are asked to complete their tenders which will be scored by Dura-Sport’s CRM Working Party It is envisaged that this scoring and evaluation exercise will take no longer than one working week.
Stage one – Written Proposal Evaluation Criteria
• Experience and knowledge
• Value for money
Following this assessment, proposals meeting the necessary criteria will be progressed to Stage two.
Stage two – Presentation
The three highest scoring tenders meeting the stage one criteria will be invited to prepare, develop and deliver a 30-minute presentation outlining their experience and skills to deliver the project. The presentations will take place at Dura-Sport’s Head Office and will be delivered to a panel established by Dura-Sport.
The following criteria will be used to assess this stage of the selection process:
• A demonstrable understanding of the potential scope of the project and those issues that will be critical to the implementation, development and long term sustainability of the project
• Presentation of delivery and ability to answer specification-related questions
• Methods and mechanisms of on-going support, including hosting
CONTACT AND FURTHER QUESTIONS
Interested parties should contact Tracey Stevenson by email only at Tracey@dura-sport.co.uk with questions or to request a copy of the specification.
Suppliers may be invited to provide proposals for the software solution and/or server platform
All requests for the specification must be made by 25/2/2019
All proposals must be received by (8/3/2019)
Following the evaluation criteria exercise, a final decision will be made by 29/3/2019.
|Contract Type||One off|
|Procurement Process||Open Tender|
|Estimated ValueTEXT DESCRIPTION|
|Category||Information Communication Technology, Online Services,|
|Suitable for SME||YES|