Supply ITSM Solution
The councils ICT Service is currently undergoing a transformation of its complete service and requires an ITSM solution to help mature its practices around effective ICT service management and delivery.
- Manchester City Council
- TC835 – Supply of an Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) Solution
- The councils ICT Service is currently undergoing a transformation of its complete service and requires an ITSM solution to help mature its practices around effective ICT service management and delivery.
The ICT Service is primarily based in Manchester Town Hall and operates a mixed estate of differing technologies supporting a user base of around 5000 that are located across 100+ locations throughout the City.
ICT is required to support life critical systems and services 24/7/365 and duly requires an ITSM solution that can support such a critical service.
The system will primarily be used for the following core functional aspects:
- Portfolio & Demand Management;
- Project time recording;;
- Intra ICT service catalogue management
- CMS Customer Catologue management
- Integration of 3rd party Event and Incident Monitoring tools;
- Integration of 3rd party Security Incident Monitoring tools;
- Auto Discovery of Configuration Items across the councils estate for CMDB population
- Core ITSM process that are aligned to ITIL v3 and ISO 20000 standards including:
- Incident management;
- Problem management;
- Knowledge management;
- Change & Release management;
- Configuration management;
- Standard Change requests;
- Request management (Service requests)
The council envisages a phased approach to the implementation of the ITSM tool to introduce a step change within the ICT service through a deliberate approach as depicted below.
Phase 1 – Incident, Problem and knowledge Management
Phase 2 – Release, Change and Configuration Management
Phase 3 – Request, Intra ICT Service Catalogue, CMS Customer Service Catalogue Management
- Mr Chris Johnson
- Email Address:
- +44 1612343085
- +44 1612740013
- Room 407
- 14/09/2015 17:00
- 15/10/2015 19:00
- 66 (months)
- 24 (months)