Supply Motion Capture System
Computer and Related Services, Technology and Equipment
Location of contract
Yorkshire and The Humber
Value of contract
10 January 2017
30 January 2017
Contract start date
13 February 2017
Contract end date
12 February 2022
A motion capture system is required to enable the Sports Science department to conduct three-dimensional motion capture, beneficial for high quality teaching, research outputs and consultancy work within Biomechanics
Additionally the motion capture system will enable Film, Television and Media to utilise and teach the theory and practise of motion capture and how it relates to modern visual production.
An additional benefit of the system will be to extend the current functionality of the university’s TV studio; allowing the opportunity for creating a virtual TV/Film studio space, running live and in tandem with the MoCap system.
For the system to deliver the required data, the selected system has to provide exceptional performance in the following areas:
• Must be portable – The system must be flexible enough to be manually moved between different departments/locations within a short time frame.
• Fast to set up – The system must allow for a quick set-up and calibration time.
• Operate in a range of environments – The system should be able to operate in a number of different facilities across both the Media and Sports departments, as well as having the capability to be used outside.
• Provide accurate data – The system must provide accurate quantitative data in order for research to be publishable in high impact journals.
• Must have a minimum life expectancy of 5 years – The system must not become obsolete within a minimum of 5 years after the date of purchase.
The successful company must provide training to staff members from both Media and Sports Science. Preferably, staff members from each department will have separate training.
The successful company must also provide a support package for any technical issues that are encountered along with any software updates.
1. As a minimum the contractor will provide the following goods and services in scope of this contract:
• Install new equipment
• Training manuals
• Training for staff
• Maintenance contract
• On-going customer support
About the buyer
Leeds Trinity University, Brownberrie Lane, Horsforth, Leeds LS18 5HD
invitation to tender documents
How to apply
Please apply directly to the buyer using the contact details provided.