Supply of Distance Learning Materials 2016
North East Scotland College is seeking a partner to develop and market a range of high quality work-based learning opportunities to employers and individuals.
United Kingdom-Aberdeen: Education and training services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
North East Scotland College
Aberdeen City Campus, Gallowgate
Contact point(s): Procurement
For the attention of: Colin Brodie
AB25 1BN Aberdeen
Telephone: +44 3003305550
Fax: +44 1224612001
General address of the contracting authority: www.nescol.ac.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00442
Electronic access to information: www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Further information can be obtained from: North East Scotland College
Aberdeen City Campus, Gallowgate
Contact point(s): Business Development
For the attention of: Iain Cocker
AB25 1BN Aberdeen
Telephone: +44 1346506027
Fax: +44 1224612001
Internet address: www.nescol.ac.uk
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 24: Education and vocational education services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: North East Scotland.
NUTS code UKM5
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
The services required will include:
1 Identify and recruit clients (i.e. students and employers) in Scotland for the College’s work-based learning programmes or courses. While not restricted, a focus for students from the North East of Scotland would be desired.
2 Supply of learning materials in the form of dedicated paper and/or electronic learning packages, including formative and summative assessment, to cover individual course programmes. Ensuring that course materials are fit for purpose and relevant for working environments in Scotland taking into account all applicable laws in Scotland.
3 Provision to the College of courses with an appropriate awarding body licence or equivalent accreditation, ensuring that the course programmes meet all the requirements of the awarding body/bodies. The successful bidder will be contractually-bound to maintain its awarding body licence or equivalent accreditation for the duration of the contract.
4 Support to identify, secure and brief tutors to support student learning on the above programmes or courses throughout Scotland. Tutors will be sourced from the Colleges approved part time employer agency.
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site athttp://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=439376
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
As stated in the tender documentation uploaded to www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk in conjunction with this submission.
Estimated value excluding VAT: 750 000 GBP
II.2.2)Information about options
Description of these options: Option to extend by 24 months via two 12 months extensions.
Provisional timetable for recourse to these options:
in months: 35 (from the award of the contract)
II.2.3)Information about renewals
Number of possible renewals: 2
In the case of renewable supplies or service contracts, estimated timeframe for subsequent contracts:
in months: 60 (from the award of the contract)
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
(2) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required: As per PQQ.
(1) A statement of the candidate’s average annual number of staff and managerial staff over the previous 3 years
(2) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
(3) All candidates will be required to provide certification from an independent body attesting conformity to environmental management standards in accordance with the Community Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS); or the European standard BS EN ISO 14001.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide certification drawn up by an independent body attesting the compliance of the economic operator with quality assurance standards based on the relevant European standards.
(5) Certificates drawn up by official quality control institutes or agencies of recognised competence attesting the conformity of products clearly identified by references to specifications or standards.
(6) A statement of the principal goods sold or services provided by the supplier or the services provider in the past 3 years, detailing the dates on which the goods were sold or the services provided; the consideration received; the identity of the person to whom the goods were sold or the services were provided
(7) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(8) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract; or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control, whether or not they are independent of the candidate.
(9) A statement of the tools, plant or technical equipment available to the service provider or contractor for carrying out the contract.
(10) A list of works carried out over the past 5 years, detailing the value of the consideration received; when and where the work or works were carried out; and whether they were carried out according to the rules of the trade or profession and properly completed.
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: Criteria as set out in the accompanying PQQ documentation.
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents or descriptive document
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
Estimated timing for further notices to be published: 36 Months unless extensions are taken up, in which case, 48 or 60 months.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: