Supply of Training Venues
Every year it organises approximately 800 events attended by around 9 000 delegates for a total of approximately 120 days.
United Kingdom-Edinburgh: Training services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
The City of Edinburgh Council
Waverley Court, 4 East Market Street
Contact point(s): Commercial and Procurement Services
For the attention of: Paul Bell
EH8 8BG Edinburgh
Telephone: +44 1315294569
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00290
Electronic access to information: www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 27: Other services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Central Belt of Scotland.
NUTS code UKM23
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.4)Information on framework agreement
maximum number of participants to the framework agreement envisaged: 20
Duration of the framework agreement
Duration in months: 24
Estimated total value of purchases for the entire duration of the framework agreement
Estimated value excluding VAT: 160 000 GBP
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
Workforce planning and development is the training and organisational development section within the City of Edinburgh Council’s Health and Social Care service area. Every year it organises approximately 800 events attended by around 9 000 delegates for a total of approximately 120 days.
There is a requirement for training and meeting rooms to deliver its varied events and they need to be flexible spaces capable of accommodating varying numbers of delegates (from 6 to 30 on average), to store equipment in them, to be able to provide PCs for e-Learning (from 12 to 30), to provide enough space for more physical courses (e.g. Personal safety where a space of 2 m2 is required per delegate). These courses run monthly all year round. An Essential Learning for Care Programme (ELCP) runs every month for 9 days and can have anything between 12 to 48 delegates. During the ELCP on average 4 or 5 rooms each day are required and on 4 days out of the 9 venues with PCs are required. For all the other courses provided, an average of 3 venues each day of the month are occupied.
Training and conference venues are required which can accommodate anything from small training events to larger ones, which can offer light catering to delegates such as tea, coffee and biscuits and which can provide a high standard of assistance on the day of events.
All training and meeting rooms should be no further than 20 miles from Edinburgh city centre. Those outwit the city centre should afford adequate parking facilities for delegates. The successful provider will have to meet the following criteria:
— Provide quality and flexible training and meeting spaces capable of holding a variety of layouts (e.g. horseshoe, cabaret, theatre, etc.),
— Provide rooms with a minimum of 12 PCs to a maximum of 30,
— Provide rooms able to offer a space of 2 m2 per delegate for a maximum of 13 people,
— Provide internet and Wi-Fi connections on-site,
— Provide audio and visual equipment complete with Power-point presentation facilities, flip-charts, laptop or PC for the facilitator,
— Being able to receive and store safely boxes of materials before events and make them available on the day of the event for delegates and facilitators,
— Being able to provide a variety of rates (e.g. by delegate or flat day rate).
The framework duration will be 12 months with an optional further 12 months extension.
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information, please visit the Public Contracts Scotland website at:http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=410556
The buyer has indicated that it will accept electronic responses to this notice via the postbox facility. A user guide is available at:http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/sitehelp/help_guides.aspx
Suppliers are advised to allow adequate time for uploading documents and to dispatch the electronic response well in advance of the closing time to avoid any last minute problems.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
Range: between 160 000 and 320 000 GBP
II.2.2)Information about options
Description of these options: An optional 12 months extension.
Provisional timetable for recourse to these options:
in months: 9 (from the award of the contract)
II.2.3)Information about renewals
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
(2) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents or descriptive document
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
Estimated timing for further notices to be published: 12 months.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: