Supply ScotRail Driver Advisory System
Driver Advice System will be an in cab fixed touch screen to interface with the driver and offer speed and coast advice throughout the journey.
United Kingdom-Glasgow: Railway and tramway locomotives and rolling stock and associated parts
Contract notice – utilities
Section I: Contracting entity
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Abellio ScotRail Ltd
Atrium Court, 50 Waterloo Street
For the attention of: Jack Goodall
G2 6HQ Glasgow
Telephone: +44 1413354129
General address of the contracting entity: http://www.abellio.com
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA21002
Further information can be obtained from: Abellio ScotRail Ltd
3rd floor, 151 St Vincent street
G2 5NW Glasgow
Telephone: +44 1415554900
Internet address: http://www.abellio.com
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting entity:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: United Kingdom.
NUTS code UK
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.4)Information on framework agreement
Framework agreement with a single operator
Duration of the framework agreement
Duration in months: 24
Estimated total value of purchases for the entire duration of the framework agreement
Estimated value excluding VAT
Range: between 3 500 000 and 4 000 000 GBP
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s):
DAS will operate by uploading a full timetable extract twice per year and also uploading daily updates and alterations. The DAS algorithms should use Train speed, rolling resistance and route characteristics to advise the most energy efficient speed profile to the driver, whilst still maintaining the timetable. Safety is paramount on the railway so any DAS must comply with safety legislation and ScotRail safety requirements for operation. DAS will also be required to work sub-surface on low-level trains.
The DAS must comply with the following requirements
– Be compatible with Connected DAS concept
– Engineering Change documentation supplied to be signed off by the RosCo
– Back Room Reporting System to be provided, gathering & reporting information on:
– Individual journey information
– Driver Compliance to the Advice displayed
– Actual running times against timetable times
– Energy or fuel used
– Maps of each journey and where delays occurred
– Power notch used
ScotRail also require a DAS with Energy Meter system to measure and report on 25kv overhead line energy use by each train. The energy meter must be capable of interfacing with Interlfleet Energy X system for energy billing and must comply with:
– Network Rail EC4T_meteringrules.pdf
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site athttp://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=396111
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
– Class 158 (40 units = 80 cabs)
– Class 156 (38 units = 76 cabs)
– Class 380 (38 units = 76 cabs)
ScotRail also require a Driver Advisory System complete with 25kv Energy Meter for the following class of trains:
– Class 318 (21 units = 42 cabs)
– Class 320 (22 units = 44 cabs)
– Class 321 (7 units = 14 cabs)
Supply only and Supply and install prices will be required and installer must be approved by ScotRail.
A full Specification will be issued at tender.
II.2.2)Information about options
II.2.3)Information about renewals
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.4)Other particular conditions:
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
(2) All candidates will be required to provide certification from an independent body attesting conformity to environmental management standards in accordance with the Community Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS); or the European standard BS EN ISO 14001.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide certification drawn up by an independent body attesting the compliance of the economic operator with quality assurance standards based on the relevant European standards.
(4) Certificates drawn up by official quality control institutes or agencies of recognised competence attesting the conformity of products clearly identified by references to specifications or standards.
(5) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures;
(6) A statement of the candidate’s technical facilities; measures for ensuring quality; and their study and research facilities;
(7) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(8) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract; or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control, whether or not they are independent of the candidate.
(9) A statement of the tools, plant or technical equipment available to the service provider or contractor for carrying out the contract.
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.5)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: