Support Solutions for Vulnerable Young People in Dorset
Supported accommodation. Emergency accommodation/Crisis Intervention. Independent living skills in money management.
- Dorset County Council
- Agreement for the provision of a Support Solutions for Vulnerable Young People in Dorset
- From 1st April 2016 Dorset Vulnerable Young Peoples Support Solutions will deliver housing related interventions offering a number of solutions to support vulnerable young people aged 16 to 25 years who are homeless or in need of housing related support. (Including Looked After Children and Young Offenders).
The support solutions will be designed to ensure that as a key priority vulnerable young people are in satisfactory accommodation or receiving housing related interventions and support solutions. Across the Districts and Boroughs of Dorset the partners aim is to provide a range of housing interventions and support solutions for vulnerable young people to include:
– Supported accommodation.
– Emergency accommodation/Crisis Intervention.
– Independent living skills in money management, DIY, cooking and accessing benefits.
– Flexible support in a range of tenures including social, council, private and within the family home.
– Flexible/Tapering, Move-on support – a young person’s support worker will continue to support the young person as they move on from supported accommodation ensuring consistency in their relationships.
– Accommodation finder service
– Drop-in support
– Virtual support
– Emergency short stay accommodation
– High support solutions for those very vulnerable young people with complex needs who have need additional support with daily living tasks
Vulnerable young people, and in particular those that are homeless including those leaving local authority care services, face a number of barriers to training, employment and social interaction. We need to help give them better opportunities in life. And by ensuring young people have the necessary life skills.
Vulnerable young peoples housing interventions support solutions will deliver:
– Outcomes to meet individual need
– A joined-up approach to service delivery between partner agencies
– Choice of options for resolving needs, presented at an early stage
– Support to exercise choice where required
There will be multiple ways for young people to be referred to the service.
This service will be tendered in lots as follows:– Accommodation and support service for 18- 25 year olds. Support for Young People who are assessed as not high risk and/or who are not assessed as Complex and Chaotic Needs
– Accommodation and support service for 18-25 year olds. Support for Young People who are assessed as high risk and/or who are assessed as Complex and Chaotic Needs
The service will commence on 1st April 2016, with a lead in time of approximately 4 months.
- Ms Kimberley Bennett
- Email Address:
- 01305 221324
- Dorset County Council
- 07/08/2015 19:10
- 21/09/2015 12:00
- 36 (months)
- 24 (months)
|Attached/Link Name||Size||Date Uploaded|
|Service Agreement Young People for 2016-19.pdf||1Mb||07/08/2015|
|Service Specification Vulnerable Young peoples support services v6 (August 15) FINAL DOCUMENT.pdf||152kb||07/08/2015|
|Appendix 1 of spec – YP Protocol.pdf||400kb||07/08/2015|
|Appendix 2 of Spec – QAF document.pdf||182kb||07/08/2015|
|Appendix 3 of Spec – Protocol for the prevention of evictions in supported accommodation.pdf||54kb||07/08/2015|
|Procurement Document – Open Tender Procedure -2015 v3 – Tender Guidance Document YP Tender (1).pdf||178kb||07/08/2015|
|Appendix Two – Pricing Schedule VYP Support solutions FINAL.doc|