Supported Living Tender Flintshire
Provision of the direct care and support across 1 supported living property for 3 people.
United Kingdom-Mold: Social work services with accommodation
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Flintshire County Council
Contact point(s): Collaborative Procurement Service
For the attention of: Tracy McLintock
CH7 6NN Mold
Telephone: +44 1352702655
General address of the contracting authority: www.flintshire.gov.uk
Electronic access to information: https://www.proactisplaza.com/?cid=Flintshire
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: https://www.proactisplaza.com/?cid=Flintshire
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 25: Health and social services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Flintshire.
NUTS code UKL23
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
We are seeking to work with an innovative provider to ensure the delivery of high quality care and support services to 3 young people living in one supported living property near the centre of Mold, Flintshire. It would be desirable for Providers to have been successfully accredited to the North Wales Approved Provider List but not essential.
All of the individuals living at the properties have a learning disability and several have a diagnosis of Autism and Complex Epilepsy. It is vital that the provider can ensure the availability of a stable and competent workforce who are trained and skilled in meeting the specialist needs of people with Autism and behaviours which we may find challenging.
The successful provider must be able to demonstrate an established track record of support to individuals with complex needs within the community (domiciliary services) and have achieved or be working towards, accreditation with the National Autistic Society or equivalent body. The provider will be required to evidence its investment in the professional development of the Schemes Manager and Team Leader via Management training during the course of the contract to ensure effective leadership and supervision is available within the service. The Council will wish to test the provider’s organisational structure with particular emphasis on contingency planning to ensure Service Users are not left in a vulnerable position through changes in personnel.
Families will be actively involved in the selection process and intend to seek feedback directly from projects highlighted as part of the tender process.
The duration of the contract is 3 years with the option of up to 2 years extension which is renewable annually.
The organisation is committed to contributing to the social, economic and environmental well-being of the wider community. Accordingly, while the requirement to do so will not be mandatory, the successful provider will be expected to consider opportunities to recruit and train long term economically inactive persons as part of the workforce delivering this project
To express your interest in this contract please go to:
(NB: Please see the ‘Additional Information’ section of this notice.)
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Sell2Wales Web Site athttp://www.sell2wales.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=23733
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
— Contract duration: 3 years (with the option to extend for up to 2 years).
— Direct support: approx 450 hours per week.
— Waking nights support: 84 hours per week (subject to review).
— Also: maximum of 100 hrs per month person-specific identified support.
II.2.2)Information about options
Description of these options: The duration of the contract is 3 years with the option of up to 2 years extension which is renewable annually.
II.2.3)Information about renewals
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.1)Deposits and guarantees required:
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
(2) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
(1) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
(2) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
The most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated below
1. Price. Weighting 30
2. Quality. Weighting 70
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
IV.3.7)Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
IV.3.8)Conditions for opening of tenders
Date: 27.4.2015 – 11:00
County Hall, Mold, Flintshire.
Section VI: Complementary information
Instructions to Express Interest and Access Documentation
1. Log in to the Proactis Plaza E-Sourcing Portal at https://www.proactisplaza.com/?cid=Flintshire
2. Please note — If you are already registered on the Proactis portal please Login using your existing details and start at Step 12 of these instructions if not go to STEP 3
3. Click the ‘Register Now’ button at the bottom of the window
4. Enter your correct Organisation Name, Details and Primary Contact Details. The system will auto generate the Organisation ID and User Name for you. Please note that if you have a Generic email address for your organisation e.g. email@example.com then please use this as the primary contact email address as this will allow you to still receive messages compared to where you have a specific person identified in this role and they move on at a point in the future.
5. Please make a note of the Organisation ID and User Name, then click ‘Register’
6. You will then receive an email from the system asking you to ‘Click here to activate your account’. This takes you to Enter Organisation Details.
7. Please enter the information requested, click ‘Next’ and follow the instructions ensuring that you enter all applicable details.
8. In the Enter Product Classification screen please ensure that you select the Product Classification Codes (CPV Codes) that appear in the tender notice as this will give you access to the tender process.
9. In the Select Buyer Organisation please select Denbighshire County Council (although you may register with other buying organisations at the same time if you wish)
10. Accept the Terms and Conditions and then click ‘Next’. This takes you in to the Welcome window.
11. In the ‘Welcome’ window please enter your Organisation name, Organisation ID and User Name (User ID). You now need to create your unique password. Please ensure that you make a note of this along with the other information already recorded.
12. Now click ‘Done’ and you will enter the Supplier Home page.
13. On the left of the screen click ‘Opportunities’
14. Click the ‘Requests from Buyers’ command. This will take you to the list of current opportunities available to you.
15. Click the Project ID that relates to this notice, this will take you into the Request for Quotations. Note there may be several opportunities that appear on this screen, please ensure that you select the correct one for your organisation.
16. In the ‘Details of a Request from a Buyer’ screen please note the closing time and date for completion of the relevant project. Please review the ‘Items’ tab (Tender stage only) and the Documents tab (PQQ and Tender stages) as there will be information relating to the project held here. Please ensure that you download all documents to your PC as you will be required to complete and upload some of the documents as part of your submission. There also instructions on how to complete your submission in the Guidance for Bidders document held in this section
17. You can now either ‘Create a Response’ to, or ‘Decline’ this opportunity.
18. Once you have started to complete your response to the opportunity and wish to save and return later click ‘Save’ having made a note of the Response reference number. The next time you Login to access the opportunity please go to the ‘My Responses to Buyers’ tab and identify the relevant response that you previously saved. If you inadvertently create any additional responses please note that any information that you have already input into the initial or subsequent responses does not carry over to any new response and you may lose anything already input.
19. If you are adding attachments at any point in the process please ensure that you click the ‘Add to Library’ button as if you are invited to any subsequent opportunities in the future to tender any documents that you have added will automatically be added to your submission and all you will be required to do is check that they are the current version. This is a secure system and your documents will not be accessed by any other party.
20. Please note that any queries must be sent via the secure dialogue section of the e-tender portal. We will not respond to any queries received by any other method.
21. If you require any further assistance please contact Gary Major by email on firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone on +44 1824712637
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: