Technical Advisors Required for Property Management and Project Management in Wales
Technical Adviser – Project Management in relation to the technical services, Healthcare Planning,
Master Site Planning, Building Services – M&E, civil & structural.
United Kingdom-Cardiff: Architectural, construction, engineering and inspection services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Velindre NHS Trust/NWSSP Shared Services
4-5, Charnwood Court, Nantgarw
Contact point(s): Procurement
For the attention of: Mr N. Gazzard
CF15 7QZ Cardiff
Telephone: +44 1443848530
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.procurement.wales.nhs.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.sell2wales.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA0221
Electronic access to information: https://etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: https://etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk
Further information can be obtained from: NWSSP Procurement Services on behalf of Velindre NHS Trust
Internet address: http://www.procurement.wales.nhs.uk
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: NHS Wales Procurement Services on behalf of Velindre NHS Trust
Internet address: http://www.procurement.wales.nhs.uk
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: NHS Wales Procurement Services on behalf of Velindre NHS Trust
Internet address: http://www.procurement.wales.nhs.uk
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 12: Architectural services; engineering services and integrated engineering services; urban planning and landscape engineering services; related scientific and technical consulting services; technical testing and analysis services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Velindre Cancer Centre, Whitchurch — Cardiff CF14 2TL.
NUTS code UKL22
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
— Technical Adviser — Project Management in relation to the technical services,
— Healthcare Planning,
— Master Site Planning,
— Building Services — M&E, civil & structural,
— Cost Consultancy, Life Cycle Consultancy,
— Utilities Advice,
— Site Investigations, Surveys and Site Preparation,
— Site — Search & Selection,
— CDM Co-ordinator,
— Project Supervisor,
— Design Services — to include all necessary disciplines — e.g. architectural, acoustics, fire safety, landscape, environment sustainability, transport, highways,
— Equipment Procurement,
— Hard FM Advice,
— Health & safety,
— Construction Management,
— BREAM Co-ordinator,
— Planning Consultant.
— Cancer is one of the key challenges facing health services today. Velindre NHS Trust provides a tertiary centre of excellence which delivers specialist, non-surgical cancer treatment for the 1 500 000 population of South East Wales. Services are delivered at Velindre Cancer Centre itself, based in Cardiff, at a number of NHS sites in its catchment area and in patients’ own homes. Velindre Cancer Centre, which is at the centre of our current service provision, was built in 1956. Over the years it has been extended as demand upon services has increased and more capacity was required. The Cancer Centre environment is fast approaching the point whereby our skilled and dedicated staff will be unable to meet the needs of our patients in the manner we would wish to in the 21st century. As with all sites which have developed in this way, the buildings are cramped and some areas are in poor condition, with poor functional relationships. In many respects the Cancer Centre does not meet modern building standards.
Velindre NHS Trust has developed a vision for cancer services in response to this challenge. This vision goes beyond the development of a new building and facilities; a new service model is required. We wish to bring prudent health care and co-production to life in cancer services. A new relationship with citizens and patients is at the heart of realising this vision, by working in partnership to better understand what patients identify as realistic goals and supporting them to achieve it. This new service model will enable us to provide the best cancer services for our patients, combining first class clinical care with ground-breaking research to achieve quality of service, patient experience and clinical outcomes that are comparable with the best in Europe and the rest of the world.
To help deliver this exciting vision the Velindre NHS Trust requires a Technical Advisor (this term is used to describe an individual, it is envisaged that the Technical Advisor will have a team to support him or her) to support it on the journey of Transforming Cancer Services in South East Wales. The Technical Advisor will help the Trust and its stakeholders provide an outline design for a new set of services and facilities including a state of the art specialist cancer centre as part of a Reference Project which will then, subject to Ministerial approval, be issued to the market. The appointment will, subject to ongoing approvals, take the Trust to Outline Business Case and beyond, further supporting it during the service changes, procurement and construction phase of new facilities.
The Technical Advisor will bring together a team of highly skilled NHS approved professionals to deliver the service needs and requirements of this Programme. The Technical Advisor will be responsible for delivery and management of the team in relation to Transforming Cancer Services in South East Wales. It is expected that this will be a phased approach as more precisely detailed in the PQQ and Tender Documents. The lead organisation submitting the PQQ (and any subsequent tender) will be legally and practically responsible for the professional team acting for the Trust on the Programme.
This is a significant investment and it is expected that elements of the Programme will be procured via a NPD/PPP route. A ministerial announcement was made as to the Government intentions as to a NPD pipeline in Wales in May 2014. It is paramount that the Technical Advisor has the necessary experience and track record in successfully delivering similar schemes of this scale and complexity. The technical and professional capacity of the Technical Advisor and their team will be assessed in accordance with the Public Contract Regulations 2006.
The Authority may require bidders to satisfy minimum levels of economic or financial standing or technical or professional ability. Full details of this will be made available to each bidder.
Key time-scales (Please note these are indicative time-scales, which may change during the course of the procurement project, and suppliers will be notified accordingly):
— PQQ Return noon 10.2.2015 (via BRAVO)
— Tender issue to short-listed parties 17:00 17.2.2015 (via BRAVO)
— Tender Return 17:00 24.3.2015 (via BRAVO)
— Interviews week commencing 30.3.2015
— Approval w/c 20th April with standstill period thereafter
— Commencement of Services 5.5.2015
Note: The authority is using eTenderwales to carry out this procurement process. To obtain further information record your interest on Sell2Wales athttp://www.sell2wales.gov.uk/search/search_switch.aspx?ID=20150
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
71000000, 70000000, 71221000, 71220000, 71300000, 71241000, 71244000, 71242000, 71311210, 71317210, 71334000, 71312000, 71314300,71315200, 71356000, 71400000, 71420000, 71421000, 71500000, 71541000, 71620000, 71351500
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 8 000 000 and 10 000 000 GBP
II.2.2)Information about options
II.2.3)Information about renewals
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.1)Deposits and guarantees required:
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established.
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
(2) All candidates will be required to provide evidence of relevant professional risk indemnity insurance.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
As detailed in the PQQ.
(1) A statement of the candidate’s average annual number of staff and managerial staff over the previous 3 years.
(2) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide certification from an independent body attesting conformity to environmental management standards in accordance with the Community Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS); or the European standard BS EN ISO 14001.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide certification drawn up by an independent body attesting the compliance of the economic operator with quality assurance standards based on the relevant European standards.
(5) Certificates drawn up by official quality control institutes or agencies of recognised competence attesting the conformity of products clearly identified by references to specifications or standards.
(6) Samples, descriptions and/or photographs, the authenticity of which must be certified if the contracting authority so requests.
(7) A statement of the principal goods sold or services provided by the supplier or the services provider in the past 3 years, detailing the dates on which the goods were sold or the services provided; the consideration received; the identity of the person to whom the goods were sold or the services were provided.
(8) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures.
(9) A statement of the candidate’s technical facilities; measures for ensuring quality; and their study and research facilities.
(10) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(11) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract; or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control, whether or not they are independent of the candidate.
(12) A statement of the tools, plant or technical equipment available to the service provider or contractor for carrying out the contract.
(13) A list of works carried out over the past 5 years, detailing the value of the consideration received; when and where the work or works were carried out; and whether they were carried out according to the rules of the trade or profession and properly completed.
Technical or Professional Ability — as detailed in the PQQ.
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: Criteria will be detailed in the PPQ along with the scoring mechanism.
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
Section VI: Complementary information
2. If and when this requirement is offered for tender, this may be done in whole or in part via electronic means using the internet.
3. The contracting authority is not bound to award a contract in whole or part.
4. The contracting authority will not bear the tender costs of any of the tenderers.
5. In reference to I.1.9 (Variants) to the extent permitted, if at all, in the tender documents.
6. This notice is being placed by NHS Wales Shared Services Partnership — Procurement Services. For the purpose of this procurement, the awarding authority will be Velindre NHS Trust.
7. Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender — 4 months from the date of submission of the tender.
8. This advertisement is placed by NHS Wales Shared Services Partnership — Procurement Services on behalf of participating LHB’s/Trusts in Wales for the totality of those LHB/Trust specific contractual arrangements.
The Contracting Authority will not accept completed PQQ’s after the stated closing date.
This Procurement exercise is being carried out via Bravo e-tendering portal and you are required to register your company’s details so that you will have visibility of all open access opportunities, including this particular exercise.
The process of registering on the website is free and simple and is explained fully below:
Pre Qualification Questionnaire for Professional Services — Technical Advisors — Transforming Cancer Services in South East Wales Project.
PQQ ref: pqq_31721.
Suppliers Instructions How to Express Interest in this Tender:
1. Register your company on the eSourcing portal (this is only required once) — Browse to the eSourcing Portal:https://etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk and click the link to register — Accept the terms and conditions and click ‘continue’ — Enter your correct business and user details — Note the user-name you chose and click ‘Save’ when complete — You will shortly receive an email with your unique password (please keep this secure).
2. Express an Interest in the PQQ — Login to the portal with the user-name/password — Click the ‘PQQs / ITTs Open To All Suppliers’ link. (These are Pre-Qualification Questionnaires or Invitations to Tender open to any registered supplier) — Click on the relevant PQQ/ ITT to access the content. — Click the ‘Express Interest’ button in the ‘Actions’ box on the left-hand side of the page. — This will move the PQQ /ITT into your ‘My PQQs/ My ITTs’ page. (This is a secure area reserved for your projects only) — You can now access any attachments by clicking the ‘Settings and Buyer Attachments’ in the ‘Actions’ box.
3. Responding to the PQQ — You can now choose to ‘Reply’ or ‘Reject’ (please give a reason if rejecting) — You can now use the ‘Messages’ function to communicate with the buyer and seek any clarification — Note the deadline for completion, then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the PQQ/ ITT — There may be a mixture of on-line and off-line actions for you to perform (there is detailed on-line help available) You must then publish your reply using the publish button in the ‘Actions’ box on the left-hand side of the page. If you require any further assistance please consult the on-line help, or contact the eTendering help desk.
Closing date and time for receipt of pre qualification questionnaires is noon 10.2.2015. (WA Ref:20150).
VI.4.2)Lodging of appeals
Precise information on deadline(s) for lodging appeals: The Authority will allow a minimum 10 day calendar day standstill period between notifying the award decision and awarding the contract. Unsuccessful bidders and applicants are entitled to receive reasons for the decision, including the characteristics and relative advantages of the winning bid and the reasons why the bidder/applicant was unsuccessful. Should additional information be required it should be requested of the addressee in section I.1). Aggrieved parties who have been harmed or are at risk of harm by breach of the procurement rules, have the right to take action in the High Court (England and Wales). Any such action is subject to strict time limits and must be brought promptly. For more information on how to appeal, and the relevant time limits,please see the following statement on the Authority’s website:www.procurement.wales.nhs.uk/service/terms
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: