Tender for Bus Totems
Enhanced Infrastructure Framework Agreement – Lot 2 Totems.
United Kingdom-Birmingham: Bus shelters
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
West Midlands Passenger Transport Executive (Centro)
Centro House, 16 Summer Lane
For the attention of: Bloomer Stephen
B19 3SD Birmingham
General address of the contracting authority: www.centro.org.uk
Address of the buyer profile: www.centro.org.uk
Electronic access to information: https://centro.bravosolution.co.uk
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: https://centro.bravosolution.co.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Centro supported area of the West Midlands, U.K. for any Centro procurements and the rest of the U.K. for other organisations having access to the framework.
NUTS code UKG
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.4)Information on framework agreement
maximum number of participants to the framework agreement envisaged: 4
Duration of the framework agreement
Duration in years: 4
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
This framework should make available a suitable range of totem products offering enhanced information provision, available for call-off purposes. Please note, however, that there may be small elements of contractor design required dependent on the characteristics of a particular site.
Suppliers are asked to submit bids for any or all of the following sub-Lots (based on potential annual spend):
— Way-finding totems (0 GBP — 50 000 GBP, 50 000 GBP — 150 000 GBP and 150 000+ GBP)
— Interchange totems (0 GBP — 50 000 GBP, 50 000 GBP — 150 000 GBP and 150 000+ GBP)
— Transport totems (0 GBP — 50 000 GBP, 50 000 GBP — 150 000 GBP and 150 000+ GBP)
Some call-offs undertaken from this Framework Agreement may be subject to EU Involve / ERDF or other associated or relevant funding.
Centro will usually undertake a suitable mini competition to award each piece of work. However, Centro also reserves the right to make a direct award if appropriate.
Tenders are due back by the closing date of 12:00 noon on Friday 24.4.2015 and the deadline for clarification questions, via BravoSolution, is 12:00 noon on Monday 20.4.2015.
This Framework Agreement for Lot 2 is expected to commence in June 2015 and is available for any Local Authority, Integrated Transport Authority or public body in the U.K. to access and order from including specifically all 7 West Midlands authorities (especially Birmingham City Council & Coventry City Council), Marketing Birmingham, Leicester City Council, Bristol City Council, Shropshire County Council and West Yorkshire Combined Authority.
In addition, this Framework Agreement will also provide a mechanism for Centro to procure spares for it’s existing estate of Birmingham City Centre totem infrastructure.
As this is a Framework Agreement it is not know at this stage what the aggregate value of spend will be across the various sub-Lots over the duration of the framework in terms of Centro spend or spend incurred by the various organisations that can access and order directly from the framework. It is not the intention that Centro uses the framework to procure on behalf of other organisations rather that other public bodies have access to it and procure directly from the qualified suppliers for the sub-Lot(s) concerned.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
II.2.2)Information about options
II.2.3)Information about renewals
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met: Suppliers Instructions on Expressing Interest in this tender provision:
1. Register your company details on https://centro.bravosolution.co.uk Click the link marked ‘to register’ — Accept the terms and conditions and click ‘continue’. Enter your correct business and user details. We highly recommend completing both the basic and extended profiles (the extended profile can be completed when you have logged into the portal). Please ensure you note the username and click ‘Save’ when complete. You will shortly receive an email with your unique password (please keep this secure).
2. Login to the portal with your unique username/password. Click the ‘PQQs / ITTs Open To All Suppliers’ link. (These are Pre-Qualification Questionnaires or Invitations to Tender open to any registered supplier).
3. Expressing Interest: Click on the relevant PQQ/ ITT to access the content and click ‘Express Interest’ button at the top of the page. As a result, you will now move the PQQ /ITT into your ‘My PQQs/ My ITTs’ page. (This is a secure area reserved for your projects only. You can now access the information related to the tender provision; click on ‘Buyer Attachments’ in the ‘PQQ/ ITT Details’ box to access any/all attachments.
4. Responding to a tender: Click ‘My Response’ under ‘PQQ/ ITT Details’, you can choose to ‘Create Response’ or to ‘Decline to Respond’ (please ensure you provide a reason if declining). You can now use the ‘Messages’ function to communicate with the buyer and seek any clarification. Note the deadline for completion, then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the PQQ/ ITT. You must then submit your reply using the ‘Submit Response’ button at the top of the page. If you require any further assistance please consult the online help, or contact the eTendering help desk.
Please note that the tender reference is itt_222.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
Please see evaluation questions in the Technical Envelope for further details.
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
The most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated below
1. Price. Weighting 30
2. Quality. Weighting 70
3. Delivery Performance
5. Overall cost effectiveness
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.2)Previous publication(s) concerning the same contract
Prior information notice
Notice number in the OJEU: 2013/S 94-160047 of 16.5.2013
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents or descriptive document
Payable documents: no
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
IV.3.7)Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
VI.2)Information about European Union funds
Reference to project(s) and/or programme(s): Some call-offs undertaken from this framework agreement, by Centro or other public bodies in the U.K. accessing it, may be subject to EU Involve / ERDF or other associated or relevant funding.
Centro will usually undertake a suitable mini competition process to award each piece of work under the framework. However, Centro also reserves the right to make a direct award if appropriate.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: