Tender for Vehicle Telematics Management System
The City of Edinburgh Council requires the provision of a vehicle telematics management system, with single route vehicle optimisation from companies with a proven track record in the supply, installation, commissioning, testing and management of such systems.
United Kingdom-Edinburgh: Telematics services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
The City of Edinburgh Council
Waverley Court, 4 East Market Street
Contact point(s): Commercial and Procurement Services
For the attention of: Douglas Niven
EH8 8BG Edinburgh
Telephone: +44 1315296241
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00290
Electronic access to information: www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The City of Edinburgh Council
Waverley Court, 4 East Market Street
EH8 8BG Edinburgh
Telephone: +44 1314693543
Internet address: http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 27: Other services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: City of Edinburgh.
NUTS code UKM25
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
Training provision would be for up to 400 staff members including drivers, supervisors and super-users. The training provision is required to facilitate seamless implementation of the contract and will be a mix of individual and cascade training as well as train the trainer.
The service requirement is initially for our Building, Waste, Road and Taskforce Services and covers all road service vehicles of which 400 vehicles have been identified for this service. The vehicle telematics system required for winter gritting is to track spreader movements and actions and be able to communicate and comply with BS EN 15430-1:2007+A1:2011 protocol and provide all operational data, including dosage and spread widths. Other areas of the Council may wish consider joining the service at a later date. The service required by individual users may comprise of the full functionality of the product or only specific parts.
The system will be required to provide both vehicle and driver performance information and will also integrate with the vehicle management system (e.g. CAN bus ISO 11898) to provide more detailed management information for the varying types of vehicles (e.g. bin lift counts for Refuse Collection Vehicles, operating times for PTO equipment, fuel usage etc.). The system is to be capable of data interchange with the Councils’ Confirm asset management system.
The system is to be hosted externally by the service provider and its primary user interface is to be web based, not requiring a thick client. The telematics systems web-based interfaces must be compatible with all major browsers (including specifically IE9) and employ true response web design for seamless rendering across multiple form factors and can integrate out-of-the-box with the Council’s Active Directory (via SAML2 token-based identity federation) to ensure only authorised user access (via mobile and desktop interfaces).
The telematics based tracking system is required to serve, consume, display and permit interrogation of Open Geospatial Consortium Web Map Services to v1.3.0 and to read and display common roster and vector formats: TIFF, JPEG, and Esri shapefiles, Mapinfo. Users must be able to interrogate data using the map based interface by pointing and clicking and provide an address search capability which will accept a string and locate an address point on the map. Tools must be made available for Council Officers for all mapping management, maintenance and configuration particularly the addition/removal of layers, update of mapping, symbology, scale setting and data extraction.
The system must be certified to ISO/IEC27001:2013 Management Standard for Information Security Management Systems, following the ISO/IEC 27002:2013 Standards. Data Centres used in this application are to be accredited to Telecommunications Industry Association ANSI/TIA-942 Telecommunications Standard for Data Centres and BS EN1047-1:2005 for Fire protection for data and documentation.
Installation of the vehicle telematics hardware is to be in accordance with the Federation of Communication Services FCS1362:2010 Code of Practice for the installation of Radio Frequency equipment in motor vehicles, or equivalent.
The Vehicle Management System must provide secure access for any authorised user to the tracking data and reports for 99 % of the time and must be capable of 24 hour 7 day web based access via a secure network which shall give the Council access to real time continuous monitoring of vehicles. There will be no requirement for voice communications through the telematics system.
Bidder selection will be via evaluation of the Pre-Qualification Questionnaires received by the deadline stated in this notice. It is intended that the short-list will comprise a maximum of six applicants based on the Evaluation Panel’s assessment of the six highest scoring suitable applicants who will be shortlisted for Invitation to Tender.
This is a 3 year contract with the option to extend for up to a further two 12 month periods.
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site athttp://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=398512
The buyer has indicated that it will accept electronic responses to this notice via the Postbox facility. A user guide is available athttp://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/sitehelp/help_guides.aspx
Suppliers are advised to allow adequate time for uploading documents and to dispatch the electronic response well in advance of the closing time to avoid any last minute problems.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
64226000, 50111100, 42961300, 32441300, 32500000, 34000000, 38112100, 38548000, 45314000, 48900000, 51200000, 64212500, 72212326
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
II.2.2)Information about options
Description of these options: Up to two further 12 month periods.
II.2.3)Information about renewals
Number of possible renewals: 2
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established.
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
(2) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
(1) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
(2) All candidates will be required to provide certification drawn up by an independent body attesting the compliance of the economic operator with quality assurance standards based on the relevant European standards;
(3) Certificates drawn up by official quality control institutes or agencies of recognised competence attesting the conformity of products clearly identified by references to specifications or standards;
(4) Samples, descriptions and/or photographs, the authenticity of which must be certified if the contracting authority so requests;
(5) A statement of the principal goods sold or services provided by the supplier or the services provider in the past 3 years, detailing the dates on which the goods were sold or the services provided; the consideration received; the identity of the person to whom the goods were sold or the services were provided;
(6) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures;
(7) A statement of the candidate’s technical facilities; measures for ensuring quality; and their study and research facilities;
(8) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract; or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control, whether or not they are independent of the candidate;
(9) A statement of the tools, plant or technical equipment available to the service provider or contractor for carrying out the contract.
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: Evaluation of Pre-Qualification Questionnaires against stated criteria.
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents or descriptive document
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: