Tender for Works Contractor for New Build Schools
Tender for the provision of a Works Contractor for the construction (incorporating design development) for new-build schools and adaptations, extensions and refurbishments to existing schools, in the London Borough of Hillingdon.
UK-London: Construction work for school buildings
Section I: Contracting authority
London Borough of Hillingdon
Civic Centre (3S/05), High Street, Uxbridge
For the attention of: Mark Holmes
UB8 1UW London
Telephone: +44 1895558396
General address of the contracting authority: www.hillingdon.gov.uk/residents
Address of the buyer profile: Procurement Department, C/o Corporate Property and Construction, London Borough of Hillingdon, Civic Centre, High Street, Uxbridge, UB3 1UW
Electronic access to information: www.supply4London.com
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: www.supply4London.com
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Design and execution
NUTS code UKI23
The requirement provides an interim measure to enable competition whilst an “Open Procedure” “Call For Competition” Notice (OJEU Notice 2012-OJS227-373555-en) establishes a long-term framework.
45214200, 45214210, 45214220, 45214230
The intention of the council is to award one contract for the bundled-value but the council reserves the right to part-award or not award any contract, at its sole discretion. The Invitation to Tender documents will provide specific details.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
(1) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they are not bankrupt or the subject of an administration order, are not being wound-up, have not granted a trust deed, are not the subject of a petition presented for sequestration of their estate, have not had a receiver, manager or administrator appointed and are not otherwise apparently insolvent;
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process;
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession;
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of gross misconduct in the course of their business or profession;
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register;
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process;
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation;
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established;
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
(1) All candidates will be required to provide a reference from their bank;
(2) All candidates will be required to provide evidence of relevant professional risks indemnity insurances;
(3) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice;
(4) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
(1) A statement of the candidates average annual number of support, operational and managerial staff;
(2) Details of the educational and professional qualifications and experience of their key managerial staff and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
(3) Where appropriate, all candidates will be required to provide certification drawn up by an independent body attesting the compliance of the economic operator with quality assurance standards based on the relevant European standards. QA management procedures will be requested for submission;
(4) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates research and development facilities and quality control measures;
(5) A statement of the candidates technical facilities; measures for ensuring quality; and their research and development facilities;
(6) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends to sub-contract;
(7) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract; or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control, whether or not they are independent of the candidate;
(8) A statement of the tools, plant or technical equipment available to the service provider or contractor for carrying out the contract;
(9) A sample of works carried out over the past 5 years, detailing the value of the consideration received; when and where the work or works were carried out; and whether they were carried out according to the rules of the trade or profession and properly completed.
A full list of the Regulation 23(1) and 23(2) criteria are at http://www.supply4london.gov.uk/delta/project/reasonsForExclusion.html#pcr
Candidates will be required to answer these questions as part of the qualification process. For candidates who are registered overseas, you will need to declare if you have any offences/misconduct under your own countries laws, where these laws are equivalent to the Regulation 23 lists.
Candidates who have been convicted of any of the offences under Article 45(1) are ineligible and will not be selected to bid, unless there are overriding requirements in the general interest for doing so.
Candidates who are guilty of any of the offences, circumstances or misconduct under Article 45(2) may be excluded from being selected to bid at the discretion of the Authority.
Organisations will need to evidence references 3no examples of new-build exceeding £10m in a similar Works Construction Project plus 3no. examples of Adjoining and Isolated Extensions existing schools exceeding £3m.
Where Hillingdon has been a previous Customer, the organisation needs to provide evidence of references.
In all references provided, these should be simplified to 1-page A4 and include the Employer contact name and details, the Contract Works value and duration and contract-type, the variance from contract award to final account with substantive reasons, a paragraph summary of notifiable defects and contractors approach to effectively close-out, and any instances of Health and Safety RIDDOR.
(b) The presentation of balance-sheets or extracts from the balance-sheets, where publication of the balance-sheet is required under the law of the country in which the economic operator is established
(c) A statement of the undertaking’s overall turnover and, where appropriate, of turnover in the area covered by the contract for a maximum of the last three financial years available, depending on the date on which the undertaking was set up or the economic operator started trading, as far as the information on these turnovers is available
The Council will establish a primary credit-assessment in accordance with its Supplier Risk Management Protocols. By example, Hillingdon retain the right to reject a Supplier if it is “high” or “higher-than average” Risk (using the DNBI system).
(a) a list of the works carried out over the past five years, accompanied by certificates of satisfactory execution for the most important works. These certificates shall indicate the value, date and site of the works and shall specify whether they were carried out according to the rules of the trade and properly completed. Where appropriate, the competent authority shall submit these certificates to the contracting authority direct
(b) a list of the principal deliveries effected or the main services provided in the past three years, with the sums, dates and recipients, whether public or private, involved. Evidence of delivery and services provided shall be given: – where the recipient was a contracting authority, in the form of certificates issued or countersigned by the competent authority, – where the recipient was a private purchaser, by the purchaser’s certification or, failing this, simply by a declaration by the economic operator
(c) an indication of the technicians or technical bodies involved, whether or not belonging directly to the economic operator’s undertaking, especially those responsible for quality control and, in the case of public works contracts, those upon whom the contractor can call in order to carry out the work
(d) A description of the technical facilities and measures used by the supplier or service provider for ensuring quality and the undertaking’s study and research facilities
(e) Where the products or services to be supplied are complex or, exceptionally, are required for a special purpose, a check carried out by the contracting authorities or on their behalf by a competent official body of the country in which the supplier or service provider is established, subject to that body’s agreement, on the production capacities of the supplier or the technical capacity of the service provider and, if necessary, on the means of study and research which are available to it and the quality control measures it will operate
(f) The educational and professional qualifications of the service provider or contractor and/or those of the undertaking’s managerial staff and, in particular, those of the person or persons responsible for providing the services or managing the work
(g) For public works contracts and public services contracts, and only in appropriate cases, an indication of the environmental management measures that the economic operator will be able to apply when performing the contract
(h) A statement of the average annual manpower of the service provider or contractor and the number of managerial staff for the last three years
(j) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract
(k) With regard to the products to be supplied: (i) samples, descriptions and/or photographs, the authenticity of which must be certified if the contracting authority so requests; (ii) certificates drawn up by official quality control institutes or agencies of recognised competence attesting the conformity of products clearly identified by references to specifications or standards
Contractors will need to evidence how they have established and controlled.
(1) the appointment of and use of sub-contractors and visitors to Schools locations, during previous Works,especially detailing adequacy of checks such as Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) in addition to other means ofpersonnel assessments.
(2) instances of Health and Safety.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required:
Contractors whose response evidences or subsequently evidences inadequacy of checks.
(1) such as Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) in addition to other means of personnel assessments (examplegreater than 3 instances in the past 3 years or any convicted incidence in the past 10 years) or,
(2) evidences poor health and safety (example greater than 3 instances in the past 3 years or any convictedincidence in the past 10 years).
Will prevent further assessment of the organisation progressing further in this process.
Section IV: Procedure
Justification for the choice of accelerated procedure: The requirement provides an interim measure to enable competition whilst an “Open Procedure” “Call For Competition” Notice (OJEU Notice 2012-OJS227-373555-en) establishes a long-term framework.
Organisations can select to apply for one, both or none of the Notices but responses received are managed independently and are not to be linked in any way.
The Council has an urgent need to establish sufficient suppliers for a competition to achieve Value for Money and conform with the Procurement and Standing Orders of the London Borough of Hillingdon.
Notice on a buyer profile
Notice number in the OJEU: 2012/S 227-373555 of 24.11.2012
Payable documents: no
Section VI: Complementary information
The information and/or documents for this opportunity are available on www.secure4london.com.
You must register on this site to respond, if you are already registered you will not need to register again, simply use your existing username and password. Please note there is a password reminder link on the homepage.
Suppliers must log in, go to your Response Manager and add the following Access Code: 9S266A7956.
Please ensure you follow any instruction provided to you here.
The deadline for submitting your response(s) is 12:00 noon on 27.12.2012. Please ensure that you allow yourself plenty of timewhen responding to this opportunity prior to the closing date and time, especially if you have been asked toupload documents.
If you experience any technical difficulties please contact the Procure4london Helpdesk on call +44 8452707098 or email email@example.com. GO Reference: GO-20121121-PRO-4402051 GO Reference: GO-20121214-PRO-4455746
London Borough of Hillingdon
Civic Centre (3S/05), High Street
UB8 1UW Uxbridge
Telephone: +44 1895558255
London Borough of Hillingdon
Civic Centre (3S/05), High Street
UB8 1UW Uxbridge
Telephone: +44 1895558255
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:14.12.2012