Topographical Surveys Framework
Framework Agreement for the provision of Topographical Surveys for its proposed Projects.
United Kingdom-Wadebridge: Topographical services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name and addresses
Strategic Procurement, Higher Trenant Road
Contact person: Tim Hack
Telephone: +44 1872323313
NUTS code: UKK30
Internet address(es):Main address: http://www.cormacltd.co.uk
I.4)Type of the contracting authority
Section II: Object
II.1.2)Main CPV code
II.1.3)Type of contract
CORMAC Solutions is conducting the procurement for the purpose of procuring a Framework Agreement for the provision of Topographical Surveys for its proposed Projects.
II.1.5)Estimated total value
II.1.6)Information about lots
II.2.3)Place of performance
II.2.4)Description of the procurement:
Cornwall Council is the Highway Authority for the county’s road network with the exception of the trunk roads (A30 and A38) which are managed by Highways England. Cornwall Council currently has in place a direct ‘passporting’ of appropriate works arrangement with CORMAC Solutions. CORMAC Solutions will therefore act as the main body responsible for managing the Topographical Surveys Framework.
Topographical surveys are typically requested from our Engineering and Structures Design Groups (EDG and SDG) prior to preliminary design works for highways schemes. The requirements can range from a large survey for a proposed town/village bypass, down to small scale junction improvements or road realignments. Surveys are also required of existing bridges, culverts or retaining wall where a lot of detail may be required in a small area for potential strengthening or replacement schemes. In addition, surveys can also be requested from our Engineering Services Laboratory (ESL) for the location of boreholes, trial pits or of embankments for stabilisation schemes.
Other aspects of the commission could include monitoring slopes and structures for movement, provision of Park and Ride facilities and regeneration of towns and villages.
Although the majority of the surveys are small to medium in size, it is important to ensure that any supplier has the capacity to undertake large scale surveys with sufficient resources.
In addition the range of services procured through the Contract may be developed and expanded in consultation with the Consultant to suit particular areas of expertise available from both Parties to the Contract.
The intention is to appoint the 3 Contractors submitting the most economically advantageous tenders to CORMAC Solutions having regard to both quality and price.
II.2.7)Duration of the contract, framework agreement or dynamic purchasing system
II.2.10)Information about variants
II.2.11)Information about options
Subject to any termination rights contained within the Contract, CORMAC Solutions proposes to enter into the Contract for a maximum period of 4 years with the successful Tenderers (‘Contractors’). The initial award will be for 2 years, with an option to extend by a further 2 (1 year) options. The anticipated Commencement Date is 1.9.2016.
II.2.13)Information about European Union funds
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.2)Economic and financial standing
III.1.3)Technical and professional ability
III.2.3)Information about staff responsible for the performance of the contract
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.3)Information about a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system
IV.1.8)Information about the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
IV.2.2)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.2.4)Languages in which tenders or requests to participate may be submitted:
IV.2.6)Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
IV.2.7)Conditions for opening of tenders
CORMAC Head Office, Higher Trenant Road, Wadebridge, Cornwall, PL27 6TW.
Tender opening will be undertaken by the Strategic Procurement Manager, plus 1 procurement team member in front of an independent witness.
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
VI.2)Information about electronic workflows
In evaluating the suitability of organisations it may be necessary to request additional information and for applicants to attend an interview and/or site visit. Organisations must be able to demonstrate through the Invitation to Tender document that they possess the necessary skills, knowledge and experience to undertake this service.
1. The contract(s) to be entered into shall be considered as contract(s) made under English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts;
2. CORMAC Solutions Ltd reserves the right not to enter into any agreement or award any contract as a result of this notice and to vary or change or not to proceed with this competition at any stage of the procurement process;
3. CORMAC Solutions Ltd shall not be responsible for any costs incurred by any organisation responding to this notice;
4. If any organisation considers that any information supplied by it to CORMAC Solutions Ltd is commercially sensitive or confidential in nature this should be highlighted and the reasons for (and duration of) its commercial sensitivity or confidentiality specified. Each organisation should be aware that even where it has been indicated that information is commercially sensitive or confidential; CORMAC Solutions Ltd may be required to disclose it pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and Environmental Regulations 2004 in response to a request where such disclosure is considered to be in the public interest. Please note that receipt by CORMAC Solutions Ltd of any material marked ‘confidential’ or equivalent shall not be taken to mean that CORMAC Solutions Ltd accepts any duty of confidence by virtue of that marking.
5. Organisations will be provided with detailed instructions concerning the information they must provide. This will be contained in the Invitation to Tender document. Consideration will only be given to those organisations which complete and return the ITT. The ITT can be obtained by submitting an expression of interest by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NCH Treyew Road, Cornwall
Telephone: +44 1872323313Internet address:http://www.cornwall.gov.uk
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: