VAT Advisory Services Contract
The services we are looking to procure will be considered at VAT contracted out service, whereby the provider reviews all open and paid invoices in relation to the VAT return file.
Location of contract
Value of contract
£70k – £80k
23 May 2017
12 June 2017
Contract start date
01 August 2017
Contract end date
31 July 2018
VAT Services Overview
VAT is charged on a variety of goods and services purchased. The VAT rules and regulations are complex and many invoices that include VAT may be incorrect where VAT is charged in error or the invoice should have been VAT exempted.
The services we are looking to procure will be considered at VAT contracted out service (“COS”), whereby the provider reviews all open and paid invoices in relation to the VAT return file, in order to ascertain whether the VAT charged and paid was correct.
In many cases, VAT would have been charged incorrectly creating a VAT overpayment or reclaim. These reclaims would then be clawed back from HMRC and repaid to the CCG or CSU. In some cases, VAT may not have been charged or charged incorrectly, an under claim would require the CSU or CCG to pay additional VAT to HMRC due to this error.
The service will be provided to all CCG’s, as detailed below, together with the CSU
1. Bexley CCG
2. Bromley CCG
3. Croydon CCG
4. Greenwich CCG
5. Guilford & Waverley CCG
6. Kingston CCG
7. Lambeth CCG
8. Lewisham CCG
9. Merton CCG
10. Richmond CCG
11. Southwark CCG
12. Sutton CCG
13. Wandsworth CCG
14. West Kent CCG
VAT Review Services:
The VAT expert appointed will provide an on-going VAT advisory and compliance review service which will comprise the specific services outlined below:
1. Contracted-Out Services (“COS”) reviews (quarterly);
2. Capital expenditure reviews (quarterly);
3. VAT helpline;
4. Review of income and expenditure for business activities;
5. Upfront review of major procurements (e.g. managed IT, Soft, Hard FM and Telecoms, etc.);
6. Quarterly agenda/service review meetings;
7. VAT Training;
8. Regular updates to staff on VAT changes;
9. Support at VAT visits by HMRC (including attendance and advice in writing);
10. Annual business activities review, including Community Pharmacy payments claim;
11. Annual partial exemption review; and
12. Advisory services.
Contingent Pricing Mechanism
NEL CSU is seeking contingent pricing mechanisms on a ‘wholly commercial’ basis. Tenderers are therefore required to provide contingent pricing mechanisms based on:
• Services (1 – 2) – the % figure paid to the Contractor based on the VAT claims identified or amounts of VAT under declared/over claimed.
• Services (3 – 9) shall be provided free of charge.
• For services 10 and 11 (if required) additional flat fee per computation shall be charged by the Contractor.
• For ad hoc advisory work (service 12) not included in services (1 – 9) above, a fee in writing in advance of any work commencing if and upon approval by the Authority shall be provided by the Contractor.
About the buyer
75 – 77 Worship Street
0203 688 2498
If you are interested in quoting for the VAT Advisory Services, please review the requirements within the ‘Request for Quotation’ document attached and confirm by a return email your intention to submit a ‘Bid Response Document’ to the following email addresses: email@example.com Bidders should submit completed ‘Bid Response Document’ no later than 12noon on Monday 12th June 2017. If you have any queries about this letter or the requirement, please contact the Clinical Procurement Team at firstname.lastname@example.org with your clarification questions no later than 5pm on Monday 05 June 2017.
How to apply
Please apply directly to the buyer using the contact details provided.