Waste and Recycling Tender for Caerphilly County Borough Council
Processing of recyclable material at a material recovery facility.
United Kingdom-Hengoed: Refuse recycling services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Caerphilly County Borough Council
Penallta House, Tredomen Park, Ystrad Mynach
Contact point(s): Procurement Services
For the attention of: Chris Davidge
CF82 7PG Hengoed
Telephone: +44 1443863063
Fax: +44 1443863167
General address of the contracting authority: www.caerphilly.gov.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.sell2wales.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA0272
Electronic access to information: https://www.proactisplaza.com
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: https://www.proactisplaza.com
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 16: Sewage and refuse disposal services; sanitation and similar services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Full Moon Waste Transfer Station, Crosskeys, Caerphilly.
NUTS code UKL16
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
Caerphilly County Borough Council wishes to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced contractor for a period of 2 years with options to extend for up to an additional 4 years (on a year by year basis) to sort Authority materials for recycling, at a licensed MRF(s) facility(s). The Authority collects an estimated 15 000 to 20 000 tonnes of co-mingled materials per annum but this could change in subsequent years. The contractor will need to account for haulage within this contract. The Authority is looking to contract with a service provider who will be responsible for the combined collection and sorting of the materials. The Authority will allow sub-contracting under this arrangement by prior agreement with the Authority.
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Sell2Wales Web Site athttp://www.sell2wales.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=19234
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
90514000, 90500000, 90513000, 90510000, 90511000
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
II.2.2)Information about options
Description of these options: The Authority has built the following contract term extension option into the contract for up to an additional 4 years (on a year by year basis) to sort Authority materials for recycling, at a licensed MRF(s) facility(s).
II.2.3)Information about renewals
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
Description of particular conditions: The Contractor(s) is responsible for all issues pertaining to Waste Management Licensing, Waste Carriers Licensing, Duty of Care and Consignment Notices.
Note that the local Authority will not accept a contractor that cannot meet our ‘minimum’ requirements as identified in the Invitation to Tender document and/or achieve our 85 % recycling requirement.
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
Caerphilly County Borough Council accepts no less than a minimum GBP 5 000 000 cover for Employers Liability and Public Liability Insurance. Candidate will need provide copies of Employers and Public Liability Insurance Certificates.
(1) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
(2) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures;
(3) A statement of the candidate’s technical facilities; measures for ensuring quality; and their study and research facilities;
(4) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(5) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract; or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control, whether or not they are independent of the candidate.
(6) A statement of the tools, plant or technical equipment available to the service provider or contractor for carrying out the contract.
Candidate to provide letters of support for the Contingency Points and Provide a Contingency Plan Method Statement.
Candidate to provide evidence of the performance of the identified MRF Facility(s) that will be utilised under this contract. The Authority requires at least 85 % recycling per load with an overall recycling achievement of between 85 % per month of the materials delivered to the Contractor’s facility to be recovered, baled and transported to the relevant re-processors for recycling in accordance with Welsh Government policies/ definitions with the addition of recycled IBA (over and above the 85 % MRF recycling). Candidate to provide confirmation that the identified MRF Facility(s) for this contract can achieve the required 85 % recycling rate requirements as identified in the specification.
Candidate to indicate products and the percentage of materials inputs that will be processed closed loop (i.e. they are turned back into the same product) in order to achieve the required 85 % recycling rate. All materials including non recyclables (residues) must satisfy the requirements of Q100 (Waste Data Flow) and comply with relevant quality protocols as per the end of waste criteria.
Candidate to demonstrate and confirm your ability to comply with the WRAP Sampling and Testing Guidance for Material Facilities April 2014 (Code of Practice) including sampling regime (Refer to Appendix 8).
Candidate to provide roles and responsibilities for communication between parties, including contact details of key personnel involved including the CoTC holder. The Contractor(s) will be required to have a person in place at each facility(s) and WTS that is technically competent and he/she holds a relevant Certificate of Technical Competence (CoTC) awarded by the Waste Management Industry Training and Advisory Board (WAM ITAB).
Candidate to provide Ministry of Transport Test Certificates for the Vehicles that will be used in the Haulage of the MRF Material. These can be provided by a sub contractor as part of your submitted bid submission.
Candidate to provide Health and Safety Information to include Method Statements and Risk Assessments associated with the operations as described in this contract.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required:
The Authority acknowledge that tenderers may have in the past been served with enforcement/ improvement notices from the Environment Agency, Natural Resources Wales or other legislative governing bodies. The Authority has included this question to ensure that tenderers are operating in secure compliance within permitting conditions with aim to deter future non-compliance.
Tenderers are therefore requested to provide details of such enforcement/improvement notices that have occurred in the past 5 years. Please state the description of the incident(s) the compliance time-scale for the incident(s) to be remedied by and the date that the incident was remedied. If this question does apply, your tender response will only be deemed compliant if the enforcement/ improvement notices that has been served has been complied with and that the remedial steps have been taken within the specified time-limit.
If you have not been served with any enforcement notices please respond on the e-tender system by stating ‘not applicable to this question’.
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.2)Previous publication(s) concerning the same contract
Notice on a buyer profile
Notice number in the OJEU: 2014/S 113-199214 of 14.6.2014
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents or descriptive document
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
IV.3.7)Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
IV.3.8)Conditions for opening of tenders
Date: 22.1.2015 – 12:00
Caerphilly County Borough Council, Penallta House,Tredomen, Ystrad Mynach, CF82 7PG.
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
Estimated timing for further notices to be published: This contract will be for a period up to 30.3.2017. The Authority does however have an option for the Authority to extend the arrangement for a further period of up to forty eight (48) months at yearly intervals following this date.
As part of the process, the tender will be undertaken utilising Caerphilly CBC’s Proactis Plaza e-tendering system. Therefore, bidders are invited to follow the following directions to register on the system:
1. Log in to the Proactis Plaza E-Sourcing Portal at https://www.proactisplaza.com
2. Click the ‘Register Now’ button at the bottom of the window
3. Enter your correct Organisation Name, Details and Primary Contact Details. The system will auto generate the Organisation ID and User Name for you.
4. Please make a note of the Organisation ID and User Name, then click ‘Register’.
5. You will then receive an email from the system asking you to ‘Click here to activate your account’. This takes you to Enter Organisation Details.
6. Please enter the information requested, click ‘Next’ and follow the instructions ensuring that you enter all applicable details.
7. In the Enter Product Classification screen please ensure that you select the Product Classification Codes (CPV Codes) that appear in the tender notice.
8. Accept the Terms and Conditions and then click ‘Next’. This takes you in to the Welcome window.
9. In the ‘Welcome’ window please enter your Organisation name, Organisation ID and User Name (User ID). You now need to create your unique password. Please ensure that you make a note of this along with the other information already recorded.
10. Now click ‘Done’ and you will enter the Supplier Home page.
11. From the Home Page, go to the ‘Opportunities’ area, then search for New Opportunities. Click on the ‘ID’ of the relevant opportunity and then click to register your interest on the relevant button.
Click the ‘Requests from Buyers’ command in the Opportunities area. This will take you to the list of current opportunities available to you.
12. Click the Project ID that relates to this notice, this will take you into the Tender Request.
13. Note the closing date for completion of the relevant project. Please review the ‘Items’ tab and the Documents tab as there will be information relating to the project held here.
14. You can now either ‘Create a Response’ to, or ‘Decline’ this opportunity.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: