Wokingham Borough Council Parking Management Services Contract
Provision of on- and off-street parking enforcement, administration of PCN’s and FPN’s.
United Kingdom-Wokingham: Parking enforcement services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name and addresses
Civic Offices Shute End
Contact person: Mr D. White
Telephone: +44 1189746000
NUTS code: UKJ11
I.4)Type of the contracting authority
Section II: Object
Parking Management Services.
II.1.2)Main CPV code
II.1.3)Type of contract
Wokingham Borough Council, a unitary authority in Berkshire having the powers of a non-metropolitan county and district council combined, is inviting tenders for the provision of on- and off-street parking enforcement, administration of PCN’s and FPN’s, the provision of a fully hosted web based IT system and other ancillary services.
This contract will also be available for Reading Borough Council (a unitary Authority in Berkshire) and Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council (a non-metropolitan District in north Hampshire) to base their own agreements upon, if they so wish.
II.1.5)Estimated total value
II.1.6)Information about lots
II.2.2)Additional CPV code(s)
II.2.3)Place of performance
II.2.4)Description of the procurement:
Wokingham Borough Council is inviting tenders for the provision of:
* On-street and off-street enforcement of parking in accordance with the Specification as a minimum, under the TMA 04. The enforcement to cover the whole of the WBC administrative area.
* The administration of the processing of PCNs and FPNs and some aspects of permit management in accordance with the Specification and national legislation, as a minimum.
* The provision, support, licensing and management of a fully hosted web based IT system to provide the enforcement and administration service and to support WBC’s parking team.
* 1st and 2nd line maintenance of the existing payment machines.
* Maintenance of the car park barrier entry and exit systems.
* The management and operation of the interface between the Contractor’s IT hosted software and that of third party IT systems such as a pay by phone provider.
* The provision and management of on-line permits.
The area to be covered by the Contract is the whole area of Wokingham Borough.
At the Council’s discretion, further related services may be added to the contract during its lifetime, for example:
* The provision and operation of ANPR based enforcement activities.
* The extension of paid for parking activities, including cashless parking services.
* The provision and operation of clamping & removal enforcement activities.
* The provision of temporary services to any local authorities listed below and any other local authority in Berkshire.
A more complete list of potential services is included in Sections 1 & 2 of the Specification. These are examples only; the list is not exhaustive.
II.2.7)Duration of the contract, framework agreement or dynamic purchasing system
The contract includes provision for extension by two periods of up to 24 months per period, subject to satisfactory performance and mutual agreement between the parties.
The contract is expected to be re-tendered at the end of any such agreed period.
II.2.10)Information about variants
II.2.11)Information about options
In addition to the additional services for Wokingham Borough Council listed in II.2.4 above: provision is made for the following local authorities to utilize the contractual terms as the basis for letting their own agreement with the Contractor to provide similar Services within their own area of control should they wish:
— Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council; estimated total ascertainable value = 13 500 000 GBP.
— Reading Borough Council; estimated total ascertainable value = not provided.
II.2.13)Information about European Union funds
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.2)Economic and financial standing
III.1.3)Technical and professional ability
III.2.3)Information about staff responsible for the performance of the contract
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.8)Information about the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
IV.2.2)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.2.4)Languages in which tenders or requests to participate may be submitted:
IV.2.6)Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
IV.2.7)Conditions for opening of tenders
Room SF4, Rectory, Civic Offices, Shute End, Wokingham, Berkshire, RG40 1BN.
Booking reference: 143446.
In accordance with WBC’s formal tender opening procedure, as listed in the WBC Constitution, Section 13 Procurement and Contract Rules and Procedures, Appendix 4(vi) & (vii).
Details are available through the WBC website.
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
Spring 2022 at the earliest; subject to the exercise of the extension options for this contract, as listed above.
7 Rolls Buildings, Fetter Lane
Telephone: +44 2079477156
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: