1-2-1 Mentoring Contract – South West England
To provide an effective, quality service to Who Dares Works participants in a professional and supportive manner that enables them to develop.
Who Dares Works – 1-2-1 Mentoring
Active Plus Community Interest Company
- Other community, social and personal services – 98000000
Location of contract
Value of contract
23 June 2021
26 July 2021
Contract start date
9 August 2021
Contract end date
31 January 2023
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
Who Dares Works is a project funded by the European Social Fund and the National Lottery Community Fund. It is led and managed by Active Plus Community Interest Company and delivered by a partnership of 17 social enterprises.
The aim of Who Dares Works is to help and inspire people aged 18 and over who are not working, who live in West Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly and who have a range of needs or barriers to overcome, to reconnect with education, training and work. The project runs to June 2023, with delivery coming to a close from December 2022.
Active Plus is seeking 1-2-1 support in the form of a mentor service in addition to the capacity the project currently has. Currently the services required are specifically for 2 x FTE mentors.
• The Who Dares Works Mentor will support the Who Dares Works partnership by being the central person assessing the whole life needs of the individuals, co-ordinating the participant journey, and signposting and liaising with other Who Dares Works partners and organisations.
• To provide an effective, quality service to Who Dares Works participants in a professional and supportive manner that enables them to develop.
• To meet with participants on a 1-2-1 basis to identify the current situation and issues preventing them from moving forward by completing an initial assessment and developing an action plan to start the participant’s journey to achieving their goals.
• To be the key communication point between the participant and the Who Dares Works engagement activities, group courses, specialist support, work related activities and community clubs.
• To carry out structured action plan reviews for each participant which clearly identifies the interventions agreed and milestones to be met by the participant in order to improve their personal development and employability.
• Empower participants to plan their progression and facilitate them to access appropriate provision.
Contract value: The minimum value will be £25,000. The contract will be let on an actual cost basis. A full breakdown of costs is asked for in the application form so that Active Plus can ensure that all costs are eligible and that delivery provides value for money.
Contracts will have an end date no later than January 2023.
Active Plus reserves the right to make offers to successful partners that may be less than the volume of delivery they are seeking funding for.
How to Apply:
• For a tender information pack please email email@example.com
• Please include ‘Who Dares Works Tender APWDW07’ in the heading of your email. Failure to do so may result in tender packs not being issued.
• Please also include the name of your organisation and the contact details for the lead responsible person.
- Who Dares Works Tender APWDW07 ITT – 1-2-1 Mentoring.pdf
- Tender Notice
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer
Health & Wellbeing Innovation Centre