A303 Stonehenge (Amesbury to Berwick Down) Delivery Assurance Partner – Highways Agency
To deliver proactive risk management and drive efficiencies throughout the delivery phase.
A303 Stonehenge (Amesbury to Berwick Down) Delivery Assurance Partner
- Consultative engineering and construction services – 71310000
Location of contract
Value of contract
15 June 2021
27 July 2021
Contract start date
3 December 2021
Contract end date
4 December 2026
Open procedure (OJEU)
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
Highways England is looking for a Delivery Assurance Partner for the A303 Stonehenge who will use their expertise, understanding and analysis of the data generated during construction, to deliver proactive risk management and drive efficiencies throughout the delivery phase. They must be able to challenge contractors processes and programme to achieve time and cost saving.
Please see below a summary list of services that will be provided:
Start up to close out
– Health, Safety and Wellbeing (HS&W) provide trend monitoring, analysis and simulation allowing us to
minimise risk to ourselves and our customers and visualise methods and techniques that provide the best
– Project management and integrated project controls – the DAP should have the skills and robust
processes to collate and interpret all data on the project to be received by Highways England with minimal
processing required to integrate systems and regular reporting.
– Contract management – to undertake all of the NEC4 contract management functions in order to enable
Highways England to fulfil their role as project manager for the main construction contract.
Mobilisation for the main works construction contract
– Manage mobilisation plans – the contractor for the main work will be required to submit start up plans
for approval in several different areas setting out approach and processes. The Delivery Assurance Partner
will need the skills and experience to review these plans and recommend acceptance or otherwise to
– Consents management and discharge – the DAP should have the experience and skills to manage,
assure and monitor, to ensure that consent conditions are met in line with the project programme.
– Land management – will provide appropriately skilled personnel to ensure access to land is provided in
line with the project programme and that relationships with landowners are not impaired throughout the
duration of the project.
– Design management and assurance – will provide assurance with proactive management of the design
approval to ensure that the contractor's designs meet or exceed the scope with recommendations to
Highways England. Will also provide robust challenge of constructability of the design so that it is efficient
Quality management – will provide assurance that quality products are provided which are befitting of
this legacy project and that best practice is captured and shared.
– Help to drive efficiencies in the construction processes and programme
Tunnel commissioning and handover
– Assure tunnel testing and commissioning – will provide the expertise and management skills to ensure
that the entire tunnel system works for all from the opening date.
– Handover to Highways England Operations – will drive alignment to Highways England's operating
systems and procedures to ensure a smooth transition from the contractor to Highways England
Operations with minimal defects outstanding.
- Additional text
- The Contracting Authority will use an eTendering system in this procurement exercise. Information on how to take part in this Tender is detailed below:
1. Register your company on the eSourcing portal (this is only required once) – visit
https://highways.bravosolution.co.uk/web/login.shtml and click the link to register – Accept the terms and conditions and click 'continue' – Enter your business and user details – Note the username you chose and click 'Save' when complete – You will shortly receive an email with your unique password.2. Express an Interest in the tender – Login to the portal – Click the 'PQQ/ITTs Open to All Suppliers' link.
(These are Pre-Qualification Questionnaires or Invitations to Tender open to any registered supplier).
Click on the relevant PQQ/ITT to access the content (the A303 Stonehenge Delivery Assurance Partner is itt_6225). Click the 'Express Interest' button at the top of this page. This will move the PQQ/ITT into your 'My PQQs/ My ITT's page. (This is a secure area reserved for your projects only). You can access any attachments by clicking the 'Buyer Attachments' in the 'PQQ/ITT Details box.
3. Responding to the tender – Click 'My Response' under 'PQQ/ITT Details’, you can 'Create Response' or 'Decline to Respond' (please give a reason if declining). You can use the 'Messages' function to communicate with the buyer and seek any clarification. Note the deadline for completion, then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the PQQ/ITT. There may be a mixture of online and offline actions for
you to perform (there is detailed online help available). Submit your reply using the 'Submit Response' button at the top of the page. If you require any further assistance please consult online help, or contact the eTendering help desk.
Tender documentation for contracts over 10,000 GBP will be made available to the public. You should also be aware that if your bid is successful the resulting contract will be published. In some circumstances, limited redactions will be made to tender documentation and/or contracts before they are published in order to comply with existing law, to protect commercial interests and for the protection of national security.
Further information will be set out in the Tender Documents. Contract dates stated are indicative, and may be subject to change.
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.