Accredited ICT leadership training programme for women
Value of tender: £75000. We are looking for a supplier to design, develop and deliver a strategic ICT leadership course accredited at QCF level 4 that will support the aims of WAVE Strand Two.
We are looking for a supplier to design, develop and deliver a strategic ICT leadership course accredited at QCF level 4 that will support the aims of WAVE Strand Two.
The training programme will be delivered to a total of 30 employed women, over a 2 year period, each of whom must be working within an SME based within the convergence area of Wales. It is anticipated that the training programme will commence in March/April 2013.
The expectation is that the women will be taught in 3 cohorts of 10, starting at 3 separate points within the timeframe allowing at least one year to complete and gain accreditation, the final cohort completing by January 2015. Attendance one day a month is anticipated.
The programme must take place and the participants must live within the following 15 local authority areas that make up the European Social Fund Convergence programme. These are:
• Blaenau Gwent, Conwy, Neath Port Talbot,
• Bridgend, Denbighshire, Pembrokeshire,
• Caerphilly, Gwynedd, Rhondda Cynon Taf,
• Carmarthenshire, Isle of Anglesey, Swansea,
• Ceredigion, Merthyr Tydfil Torfaen
However, the supplier does not have to have a permanent base in the convergence area.
The participants will be recruited by The Women’s Workshops project team (from within the WAVE partnership). It is envisaged that the selected cohorts will have the opportunity to consider and reflect on established views of their organisation, colleagues and themselves in order to promote innovation and change. In the main, participants are likely to be:-
• Senior managers seeking to develop strategic ICT skills benefiting both their companies and their career development and hence equality within their organisations.
• Private sector managers, particularly in the care sector. The aim being to streamline services and hence protect them by exploiting ICT
• SME directors building business growth through the innovative use of ICT
Suppliers will need to show how their training programme addresses the following learning outcomes:-
• To increase the participants business and organisational leadership skills and knowledge ensuring a more reflective management practice.
• To enable the participants to assess their own leadership skills.
• Develop competencies in understanding business priorities, evaluating ICT strategy/processes and defining a vision for the business.
• To gain a accredited qualification at QCF level 4
The contents and delivery of the programme will require:-
• a balanced and tailored blend of business and technology subjects to build on existing needs of the participants and their organisations
• a mixture of face-to-face and on online study and support
The supplier needs to be able to demonstrate an understanding of embedding gender equality within the design and delivery of training. In dealing with gender in the planning, the supplier needs to consider delivery and evaluation of training programmes which means reflecting on terms of gender eg. Content, work form and method, communication, framework conditions, the gender competence of trainers.
Suppliers will need to demonstrate their approach to measuring and monitoring the progress of each individual taking part in the project.
The majority of learning and study takes place at work or draws on workplace experience. The programme needs to exploit the suppliers contacts with industry support delivery and ideally draw on its experience of advising businesses and organizations to get the most out of ICT.
Follow this link for more guidance on eligibility http://wales.gov.uk/docs/wefo/publications/developingguidance/100818welshnationalruleseligibilityexpenditureen.pdf
Classification of contract (CPV codes)
80000000 – Education and training services.
80400000 – Adult and other education services.
Most economically advantageous tender in terms of:1. Project outline and ability to meet the stated programme aims, objectives and outcomes (see project description 3.1 to 3.9)
2. Understanding of the context of the programme
3. Demonstrates experience relevant to delivering this work
4. Ability to establish appropriate methods of recording, reporting and evaluating the programme.
5. Value for money
SECTION IV: Administrative Information
The contract will be awarded through a competitive open procurement process. Potential delivery suppliers are invited to submit their tenders by completing the training programme questionnaire and financial information spreadsheet. These documents are available in the resources Section below.
The tenders will be assessed by a panel comprising of leaders of the WAVE Project
The panel will evaluate the submissions against the following criteria:
• Project outline and ability to meet the stated programme aims, objectives and outcomes (see project description 3.1 to 3.9)
• Understanding of the context of the programme
• Demonstrates experience relevant to delivering this work
• Ability to establish appropriate methods of recording, reporting and evaluating the programme.
• Value for money
The panel will reserve the right to require two or more suppliers to work together to deliver a single project if it is felt that this option will offer improved opportunities to meet the initiative’s overall aims and objectives.
For questions specifically relating to the training provision that arise from the specification, then please email Liz Fahy at firstname.lastname@example.org
The procurement timetable is as follows:
Procurement Process Dates
Tender issued on Buy4Wales – Thursday 22nd November 2012
Deadline for submissions – Friday 4th January 2013
Presentation of submissions to WAVE panel – Date to be advised
Completed project questionnaires (5 copies) and accompanying documents (1 copy of each document) should be returned to our office addressed as follows:
University of Glamorgan,
No later than: 12 noon, Friday 4th January 2013
Confirmation of receipt will be acknowledged by email. Please include the email address to which you want the confirmation to be sent