Adult Hearing Service Wakefield – AQP Contract
NHS Wakefield Clinical Commissioning Group is seeking to procure an Adult Hearing Service for the registered population of Wakefield for 2 years.
- Health services – 85100000
Location of contract
Yorkshire and The Humber
Value of contract
24 May 2019
05 July 2019
Contract start date
01 October 2019
Contract end date
30 September 2021
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
NHS Wakefield Clinical Commissioning Group is seeking to procure an Adult Hearing Service for the registered population of Wakefield for 2 years, with an option to extend for a further 1 year, using the Any Qualified Provider (AQP) route. Any provider will be eligible to apply for this AQP contract if they can demonstrate compliance with, and competency against, the specified criteria published within the tender documents.
The impact of poor hearing in adults can be significant both at a personal and a societal level, leading to social isolation, depression, loss of independence and employment challenges. Assessing the hearing needs of adults with hearing loss, developing an individual management plan and providing appropriate interventions can reduce isolation, facilitate continued integration with society and promote independent living.
The service required is for adults who have suspected or diagnosed hearing loss (with no contraindications). The broad quality outcomes required include:
• Choice and control for service users as to where and when their treatment is delivered;
• Personalised care for all service users accessing the service;
• Timely access to hearing assessment, and a range of support services including hearing aid fitting, follow-up and on-going aftercare;
• High proportion of service users continuing to benefit from the chosen intervention, including wearing hearing aids when required if they have been provided;
• Reduced communication difficulties for service users with poor hearing;
• Timely referral or signposting to other local services for support and equipment, including social services and voluntary services;
• Access to clear guidance and information for service users and their families about the important role of hearing in maintaining effective communication and active engagement in a range of social and work settings, including advice on the range of support available;
• High levels of satisfaction from service users accessing the service;
• Improved quality of life for service users, their families/carers and communication partners.
It should be noted that under the AQP model, there will be no guarantees of volume or payment in the contracts awarded. The payment information will be detailed in the service specification included in the tender documents at the time of publication.
About the buyer
White Rose House, W Parade
E-procurement portal –
If you would like to submit a tender for this service, please express your interest by
registering on the BRAVO eprocurement portal website https://www.nhssourcing.co.uk, reference itt_4870.
Once registered potential providers will be able to complete their submission.
This procurement will open week commencing 28 May 2019.
For further information please contact:
The CCG reserves the right to withdraw this notice or to amend anticipated timelines.
How to apply
Please apply directly to the buyer using the contact details provided, or follow the instructions given in the notice description or information section.