AI for Services – Request for Proposal
Requirement for a report on the application of artificial intelligence.
AI for Services 2022 Report
Knowledge Transfer Network Limited
- Research and development services and related consultancy services – 73000000
Location of contract
Value of contract
AI for Services 2022 Report
17 December 2021
17 January 2022
Contract start date
24 January 2022
Contract end date
31 March 2022
Open procedure (OJEU)
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
Launched in 2018, UKRI Next Generation Services Challenge is a £20 million pioneering programme aimed at stimulating the use and adoption of Artificial Intelligence and Data Technologies in the accountancy, insurance, and legal services sectors. Around forty projects have been awarded funding through the programme including:
• research projects investigating behavioural and socio-technical barriers to adoption of artificial intelligence and data technologies
• Business led Collaborative Research & Development projects exploring how these technologies can be used and applying them in new ways
• Business led consortia developing responsible data access methods
AI for Services is the Innovation Network underpinning the programme and delivered by Innovate UK KTN. The network brings together over 1,400 members including leading professionals and academics, high growth entrepreneurs and investors participating in events, receiving monthly email updates, and contributing to content publication. As part of the activities of the network, an industry UK wide mapping report was published in September 2020 providing up to date insight into the state of play of AI and data technologies for the accountancy, insurance, and legal services sectors.
With the current programme completing at the end of March 2022 and a larger new potential programme currently being developed, AI for Services, on behalf of UKRI, is seeking to publish a second report. This report aims to reflect on the advances made in technology adoption and business model transformation in the UK in the accountancy, insurance and legal services sectors since the programme was launched and explore future opportunities for innovation both at national and international level. The report shall also map out the UK private investment landscape for the sector highlighting both investors and companies’ perspectives.
In response to this RFP, please provide the following information:
• Initial research methodology
• Initial list of stakeholders to consult
• Initial list of documents to be reviewed
• Initial work plan
• A description of how you would meet the deliverables
• Evidence of past or current relevant work
• Evidence of domain knowledge in the service sector, namely accountancy, insurance, and legal.
• Evidence in domain knowledge in AI and data analytics applied to the services sector.
• Staff resources and CVs of professionals who will undertake the work
• Professional Insurances in place
• Partnerships or joint ventures with other organisations
Schedule of Rates
• A proposed contract value, including a cost breakdown for all the deliverables detailed above. Prices and financial data must be provided in £ Sterling.
Terms and Conditions
This Request for Proposal is subject to “Innovate UK KTN’s Terms and Conditions of Contractor Engagement – Company Edition”, which can be provided separately.
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.