Application for Local Sustainable Transport Funding
Funding application. Should this be an opportunity that you believe would be of benefit then complete the online application and the team will be in contact to organise a meeting in which more formal discussions can take place.
- Application for Local Sustainable Transport Funding (LSTF)
*PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A PROCUREMENT*
Application for Funding.
Through the central government’s Local Sustainable Transport Fund (LSTF), Merseytravel is offering funding to organisations who want to employ individuals into transport related jobs. The Merseylearn team will provide the resources to deliver sector based work academies and/or other methods of training ready to upskill these individuals to the levels that are required by yourselves. This bespoke offer is flexible and will be devised around the needs and requirements of the organisation to give the individuals the best possible opportunity.
Please note that this is not a procurement prospect but more an opportunity to express an interest in applying for funding. Should this be an opportunity that you believe would be of benefit then complete the online application and the team will be in contact to organise a meeting in which more formal discussions can take place. The two preferred methods of training are:
Sector Based Work Academy– A training school run in conjunction with Job Centre Plus devised around an organisations needs and outputs:-
- Jobs created, or which need to be filled, must be transport related
- The individuals will be recommended by Job Centre Plus but will go through a testing phase to ensure the most capable progress to the training academy
- There must be an element of work experience within the academy
- Everybody who attends the training will be guaranteed an interview
General Training – training that maybe done internally by the organisation:-
- The same as above however, the individuals do not have to be recommended by the Job Centre, they must however, be unemployed.
- The organisation may already have a training schedule in place and will only need funding, this would be accepted.
Timeline of events
- After the advert has been placed on the Portal, expression of interests can be made
- Organisations complete online application
- Once responses are received the Merseylearn team will contact the organisation directly to create a meeting
- At this meeting, the specifics of the project will be discussed and a timeframe of delivery will be formulated
- If a sector based academy is chosen, the Merseylearn team will organise the training needed (as discussed at the meeting) along with an open day whereby the job centre plus individuals will complete tests
- The most applicable individuals will then proceed to the training, there is no time frame on this as it will be dependent upon how much/complexity of training required
- The individuals complete the training and are then interviewed for the job roles
- The successful candidates then start employment
The timeframe of events will be different for each organisation and their needs, therefore it will be run at the pace of the organisation. If the organisation has a specific time in which they want new employees then the training schedule will reflect this.
- M General Support
- Email Address:
- 00 – Questions via portal please
- No.1 Mann Island
- 01/07/2013 09:23
- 30/08/2013 13:00
- 1 (months)
- 1 (months)
- Express an interest online